Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cheynes stoke respiration, false flag or accurate?
Cheynes stoke respiration, false flag or accurate?
Age - 24 male
5ft10 160 pounds
AHI 16 on sleep study
Mask - Airtouch full face
Machine - Resmed airsense 10
Other - Wearing mouth tape and knightsbridge chinstrap.

Im struggling to keep a cpap mask on all night so my data is very fragmented and i never get more than a couple of hours. Some sections of the data i am awake or half asleep and i cant remember exactly when at which points, as i often pull the mask off while asleep because im extremely tired. 
Last night cheynes breathing was flagged so now im worried. Does anyone know if i should be concerned about this? I have a strong family histroy of cardiac disease.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cheynes stoke respiration, false flag or accurate?
Here is a picture of CSR.  Like several footballs or tennis balls on a string.  

If you could show a 3 minute close up zoom of the area where the purple cluster of bars are, that would be a better OSCAR snapshot to evaluate.  I am not qualified to diagnose CSR, but the best move would probably be to show these charts to your PCP (or Cardiologist).  The vast majority of CSR flagged are false; but with a family history of cardiac disease, it seems like it could be a possibility.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Real or False CAs? SingingWolf 3 284 03-14-2024, 10:35 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  [CPAP] Cheyne Stokes Respiration and Central Apnea Clusters Aldiorg 8 820 02-19-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Simultaneous Reporting of Cheyne-Stokes Respiration (CSR) and Central Apnea (CA) Aldiorg 3 292 02-19-2024, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  False CA's? rltarbu 3 253 02-12-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Respiration Rate wickedsleepy 11 501 02-08-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are these centrals or false alarms? AZAwake 4 408 02-02-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: SingingWolf
  What is optimal respiration rate, minute vent, tidal volume, etc? ATeam91 4 463 01-23-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: ATeam91

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.