Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

WW4B Therapy thread
RE: CPAP Therapy Analysis & Settings Advice..please!
I think one of those was closer to 3-seconds. Your therapy is going very well by all appearances. The useful closeup shows some double waves on expiration which is often a swallow, and it is followed by a couple brief inspiratory breath-holds, which is likely a shift in position.   An interesting arousal or sleep movement, but not a respiratory issue or therapy problem.  Everything I see looks very good.

[Image: viCWPgp.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your input and time...very much appreciated. Although my overall therapy is going well I always feel, and still do sense that there is a brief pause after exhaling before inhaling starts. It's like I exhale than its a 1 Mississippi, two Mississippi before inhalation starts. Is there a settings tweak that I could try to eliminate that feeling or pause between exhale and inhale. I am currently at the following settings:
Ti Max = 3
Ti Min = 0.3
Trigger & Cycle both at Medium
Should I leave all pressure settings as they are ....

Feeling stronger every day........
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, it has been several weeks since my last post and I was wondering how my two attached charts are looking. Although my overall numbers appear to be trending better and feel my therapy is going well (numbers related) I still always feel tired and fatigued by mid afternoon. I suspect my issues my be related to positional arousals but would appreciate more experienced views and input on this. I also sense that my breathing cycle is still somewhat off in that while lying down there is a brief pause after exhaling before inhaling starts. It's like I exhale than its a one Mississippi, two Mississippi before inhalation starts. Is there a settings tweak that I could try to eliminate that feeling or the pause between when exhale ends and inhale begins. Does my I.E time, respiratory rate, minute vent and tidal volume look normal. I am currently at the following settings:Ti Max = default 2.0, Ti Min = 0.3, Trigger & Cycle both at Medium.
Also if I may, can I have my thread changed to "WW4B Therapy Thread". 

https://imgur.com/a/EaQb82I

https://imgur.com/LGSH5ab

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: WW4B Therapy thread
WW4B,
I changed the title of your original post at your request. New replies should have the new thread name.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Those are excellent results with stable pressure, reasonable leaks and very good efficacy. The only flow limits correspond with leaks and may represent some movement or restlessness. I don't see a need for changes from 10-20 PS 4. Of course you don't come anywhere near your maximum and pressure is only moving in the range of 1.4 cm.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank You for the input. Is there anything to try or to discuss on the concerning breathing issue/delay I experience on exhale before the inhale begins. All in all it does seem like the current pressures I am using are so easy...like its too easy. Does this make sense ?
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a high trigger sensitivity setting. Try it, and if you like it, keep it. I offer it free to all members on request.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, it has been several months since my last post. I am including a screenshot of last nights sleep report from Oscar. Can anyone assist with reply as to why there seems to be a "flat plateau" line on my inspiration at the zero line on my flow graph. What causes this flat plateau and should I be concerned. Is there anything to try or assist to get a more rounded flow rate. Currently using Ti Max: 2.1, Ti Min : 0.5, Trigger: High and Cycle: Med. AHI seems to be very good but are my Tidal Volume, Minute vent, Resp rate, Inspiration & Expiration times seem to be in a normal state. Breathing still does not feel completely in sync and at times feels short and shallow and not deep enough. What can I do....Still feeling very tired during the day and can nap no problem if I find myself sitting in a comfy chair. It is affecting my quality of life. Appreciate any and all comments. Thank to all in advance.

Post Reply Post Reply
One more nights post for reference. Any assistance appreciated. Thank You

Post Reply Post Reply
That's normal. Everything below the red zero line is an exhale. As you near the end of exhaling, your breath will taper off. Don't overthink this. You have found your sweet spot.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 52 744 6 hours ago
Last Post: Schernenk
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 36 1,007 8 hours ago
Last Post: MaggieL
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 59 1,025 8 hours ago
Last Post: stevew168
  johnathanb76 - Therapy Help In Migrating to a Resmed johnathanb76 27 475 04-14-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: johnathanb76
  sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread sleepingbetterinFl 82 490 04-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Wjg's Therapy Thread wjg1 35 808 04-12-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: wjg1
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,963 358,966 04-12-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: btreger

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.