Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Wait for ResMed AirSense 11? Or buy AirSense 10 now?
RE: Wait for ResMed AirSense 11? Or buy AirSense 10 now?
The 10 and 11 are functionally the same. The differences are cosmetic and a change from button and knob controls to touch screen. The therapy algorithms are the same. I'm due for a new machine and will probably choose to go with the 10.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
After seeing the Airsense 11 machine, most of the changes in the 11 seem to be with form-factor, touch screen control, a straight tube without the 90-degree swivel, and BlueTooth and Phone communications options. the new Airsense 11 integrates the Autoset and Autoset For Her algorithms. You lose the ability to set the clock time and you need to learn a different menu system. Both provide the same therapy. Take a look at the reviews and decide what you like. I don't have a strong preference either way.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The AS10 has long-term proven hardware. Old tech vs new tech? They would provide the same therapy, since they are implementing the same algorithms. If the cost to you is the same, I’d probably opt for the AS10.
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
Nicko on CPAP Reviews disassembled an Air Mini and AS11 and they both use the same blower, thus the description above of Air Mini with lipstick. He also found the blower on a Chinese web site for about $20. Check his YouTube videos to see what the insides look like.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2022, 01:51 AM)LindanHotAir Wrote: Nicko on CPAP Reviews disassembled an Air Mini and AS11 and they both use the same blower, thus the description above of Air Mini with lipstick. He also found the blower on a Chinese web site for about $20. Check his YouTube videos to see what the insides look like.

The website is Alibaba.  I tried to buy a few turbines from the Chinese company that makes them but they wouldn't sell them to me.  They asked me a lot of questions.

https: // tkfan.en.alibaba.com / product / 1600325430529-901977673 / High_speed_dc_mini_turbine_for_Airmini_positive_pressure_ventilation_treatment_machinery.html
Post Reply Post Reply
Alibaba is for bulk sales. You might try Aliexpress for single items.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 27 507 43 minutes ago
Last Post: Old Steve
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,865 Yesterday, 11:41 AM
Last Post: her.suit
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 243 03-27-2024, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,455 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 125 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,414 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 845 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.