Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Wait for ResMed AirSense 11? Or buy AirSense 10 now?
RE: Wait for ResMed AirSense 11? Or buy AirSense 10 now?
I have wondered if the Phillips recall will affect Resmed ASV machine availability? Does Philips make an ASV model and if so, is it also affected in the recall?

We have heard of the RV and car/truck shortages causing some folks to sell their vehicles early. I wonder if people with spare A10s and S9s will drag them out to sell? Are their license/liability issues with selling used machines?

I like the touch screen design of the A11. The annoying click of the A10 controls is a hassle when going to bed with a mate already asleep and you want to change or review a setting. I've had to put a pillow over the crazy thing to deaden it... ;-)
Post Reply Post Reply
Philips made the Dreamstation BiPAP Auto SV which is their version of ASV. There is no DS2 model available for that advanced BiPAP yet.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I currently use ResMed AirSense 10 and waiting for others review for updating to AirSense 11
Post Reply Post Reply
I just got an AirSense 11 to replace my failing AirSense 10 Autoset, last Friday. Just went through the setup over the phone with DME's tech.
Post Reply Post Reply
Time and availability are key factors.  (Reminds me of vaccines.)  I chose to buy now because I'm a recalled-Philips user and availability is quickly dwindling on A10 models.  Here are the advantages I see in buying now:

- gets Philips-users out of their defective systems immediately, as instructed by Philips
- as a result of the Philips situation, there will be substantial demand for ResMed A11 models in the beginning, from upgrading ResMed users, replacement Philips users, etc.  (lots of different types of buyers too: sleep labs, hospitals, etc.)
- availability might be sparse in the beginning, and all model A11 varieties may not be available immediately
- A10 has a proven track record
- 3rd party APPs (e.g. Oscar) already support A10, even though it's assumed the A11 won't have issues
- if paying with own money, one can still possibly get some discounts on A10 units; whereas it'll be difficult to get any price breaks on A11 units in the beginning
- better to own now, then consider upgrading in a couple years, keeping the A10 as a future backup system
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm glad you found one, I received my S10 for her yesterday to replace my phillips apap and auto bipap.  I have one night with the S10 and it's pretty good.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-02-2021, 01:55 PM)jprestonian Wrote: I just got an AirSense 11 to replace my failing AirSense 10 Autoset, last Friday. Just went through the setup over the phone with DME's tech.

How are you finding it?
Post Reply Post Reply
It's been about a month, now, and it seems just fine. I never had issues with the A10, until it seemed to not reliably supply sufficient pressure. I'm happy with it, so far.

-Jeff
Post Reply Post Reply
Newbie here!

This thread is now a few months old - so I’m asking again!

I’m trialing an AS10 for her, and have the option of purchasing that, or the AS11 (which I am unable to try). I have no issues with the 10… my only concern is buying old tech today.

My warranty would be 5 years - so no issues with that piece.

Thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply
For me, I would stick with the AS10. The AS11 looks a lot like an AirMini with lipstick. Big Grin
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 9 1,568 04-23-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  need help be with Ti min and Ti max, just got airsense vauto and got some questions shedu1337 7 188 04-22-2024, 09:02 AM
Last Post: shedu1337
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 184 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  N30i [what mask setting] Airsense 10 AutoSet Topdogg7505 8 3,244 04-20-2024, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ahfairley
  Help Getting Used to the AirSense 10 daleykd 5 206 04-19-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Airsense 10 run hours??? eok361 5 168 04-18-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: eok361
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,631 04-18-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.