Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Waiting for ResMed S11 AirCurve ASV
Waiting for ResMed S11 AirCurve ASV
I just had my annual visit to my sleep doctor.  I raised the question of replacing  of my aging CPAP machine.  It is over 5 years old and has well over 15,000 run hours.  The doctor said that the ResMed S11 is mostly cosmetic driven.  It has a touch screen as vs push buttons.  The software is unchanged.  If that is true, the doctor has a point.  Is the S11 AirCurve ASV worth waiting for?  I purchase my machine therefore Medicare reimbursement is not an issue.  

I would be very interested in hearing other thoughts and opinions.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Waiting for ResMed S11 AirCurve ASV
As far as I know, at least for CPAP, the algorithm is unchanged. I'm not sure if that's true for the ASV or not.
Post Reply Post Reply
I suspect you'll be waiting for a long time for any AirCurve 11 model. OTOH, 15,000 hours is not even approaching expected end of life. My AS10 is approaching seven years and 19,000 hours, and I am hoping the AS11 AutoSet arrives in Canada soon, but I'm not worrying about it yet.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you're in need of replacement, go ahead and get another S 10.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Jerrydaw, I agree with the doctor. The last major change to the Resmed ASV was in the S9 series when a second generation added the Auto ASV algorithm. The Aircurve 10 ASV was mostly cosmetic and the anticipated 11 is similarly, mostly cosmetic. Changes in the way these machine make data available to Resmed through phone-lines, has evolved with changes to the mobile cellular networks, but the way the machines work to resolve complex apnea is unchanged. Therapy is highly regulated and any major changes would trigger FDA review, changes in patents, and lots of study. As a result, for both Philips and Resmed, the settings and algorithms tend to stay the same, and the form-factors and data recording evolve.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-06-2022, 10:30 AM)pholynyk Wrote: I suspect you'll be waiting for a long time for any AirCurve 11 model. OTOH, 15,000 hours is not even approaching expected end of life. My AS10 is approaching seven years and 19,000 hours, and I am hoping the AS11 AutoSet arrives in Canada soon, but I'm not worrying about it yet.

I received my new Airsense 11 in Canada at the end of Dec 2021, so I can confirm it's available in Canada now... (Ottawa, Canada).
OSCAR shows it as "AirSense 11 AutoSet (39423)"
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks tor that update. I will have to talk to my DME about replacing my (almost) seven year old AS10.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I suspect you will be waiting a long time for the Aircurve 11 ASV since it and other Aircurve 11 models have not been announced and they are not even able to meet the demand for Airsense 11 machines.
Post Reply Post Reply
To be fair, the demand for AirCurve machines is probably a little lower than for AirSense... if you need one faster though, then go for the S10, if you find somewhere that has one in stock. My doctor managed to get an S10 AirCurve ASV to the hospital, set it up and deliver it to me in less than a week, but I am in the UK.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know this is an old thread, but I'm patiently
Waiting for the Aircurve 11. My ASV 10 stopped communicating when they shut down 3g so to me it's worth waiting a little longer to get the latest communications.

Anyone have any update on the ASV 11 yet?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with new AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings aubreyjs 4 79 7 hours ago
Last Post: Dormeo
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 107 04-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 995 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 154 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 17 696 04-14-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 or 11 replacement Shamus54 8 221 04-11-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  AirCurve 10 asv vs AirCurve 11 asv Sterling147 3 204 04-10-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.