Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Wake after 2-4 hours can't go back to sleep
Wake after 2-4 hours can't go back to sleep
I'm so frustrated- want this to work but like clockwork wake up after 2-4 hours and can either be awake for hour or two or fall back asleep just to wake again in another two hours.  When reducing the EPA because I swallow air, my events go up.  What can I do?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Wake after 2-4 hours can't go back to sleep
I’m too much of a newbie to give quantitative advice—no doubt someone will be along shortly to help with that—but you could get a headstart and download SleepyHead software and make sure you put an SD card in your machine.

Info on SleepyHead, downloads, instrux, etc. are in the top menu for this forum.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum!

Did you have this happen or have any trouble sleeping prior to starting on CPAP?

I will second the advice above, if you download Sleepyhead you can post the nightly charts from your machine which will allow the folks here to offer advice on your CPAP therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you look at my signature the information is there on how to download and post the information for us so we can help you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Help me,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Try sitting up with your machine during the evening and use it as you watch tv or read. This will help you get used to it before you sleep.
I wish you good luck with CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I too wake up 3 to 4 times a night. But I believe I get a full sleep cycle in before each awaking. After 7 hours in bed, I get up and am good all day. 

Sometimes, when I wake I feel uncomfortable like I have been doing battle with the machine. In that case I get up, walk around the bed and “re-set” myself. 

In any case I feel I have gotten a full night sleep.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you!

(10-08-2017, 06:18 PM)SWsabre Wrote: Welcome to the forum!

Did you have this happen or have any trouble sleeping prior to starting on CPAP?

I will second the advice above, if you download Sleepyhead you can post the nightly charts from your machine which will allow the folks here to offer advice on your CPAP therapy.

Yes, I did have trouble.  I had hoped this would help, but seems the same, even worse at times as its so uncomfortable with chin strap and headgear

(10-08-2017, 06:34 PM)Gary1of2 Wrote: If you look at my signature the information is there on how to download and post the information for us so we can help you.

Thank you! I sure will!
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum.

You increased your Exhale Pressure (Reduced EPR) and your events went up.  The suggest6ed changes in settings will vary depending on what events went up.

The best thing you and do is download and Install Sleepyhead then post your daily charts.  They will tell us what is going on.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
I don’t know enough about the machines and pressures to give advice on that. But I have found from a class on relaxation ( forced to go through work) that breathing in a 4 count, hold breath for an 8 count and exhale for a 4 count helps me focus on that rather than the machine and helps me fall back asleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-08-2017, 06:34 PM)Gary1of2 Wrote: If you look at my signature the information is there on how to download and post the information for us so we can help you.

(10-08-2017, 07:42 PM)Help me Wrote:
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,975 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 290 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 253 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 475 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 208 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 522 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.