Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with Oscar data newly diagnosed 55 AHI
RE: Help with Oscar data newly diagnosed 55 AHI
A few questions and suggestions:

Maintain it on ASV Auto mode. We'll maybe do some edits on EPAP Min and Max and the PS Min and Max to establish comfort.

Are you using Ramp at all? If yes, I suggest Off. ASV and Ramp together normally do not mix well.

Any comfort complaints?

You may want to bump EPAP Min up from the minimum of 4 just to have enough to cancel any air starvation feelings. I'd say something like 5 to 6 EPAP Min and see if it's acceptable.

Try that edit and see what the chart looks like.

Last thing, keep leaks to a minimum if possible. ASV becomes cranky if there's a leak.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Dave. 

Yes, the ramp was on at 10 min as the default setting although I turned it down to 5 minutes for night 2. I'll turn it off per your suggestion.

I'll also up the EPAP Min to 5 from 4 tonight. 

A couple times i noticed the Airfit P10 nasal pillows inflating enough to break the seal with my nostrils. Really a strange feeling to have them blow up waking me from what seemed like a deep sleep... Any idea why and how to avoid this?  (maybe I snorted really forcefully?)
To minimizeeI leaks I'll look into what others do to cope with the Airfit P10 headgear stretching with use.

Appreciate the suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm impressed with how little of the pressure support range you apparently needed to control events to a very low level. Your chart s uggest a very quiet and good therapy night. I have no problems with trying some alterntive EPAP min settings, but I don't see anything I would change here other than perhaps improve leak rates.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
When the P10 head gear gets loose wash it in hot water it will shrink back.

The leaks early on looked like mouth breathing but there’s not enough to be really worried about they will reduce as you get used to the ASV
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a quick follow-up: whichever on before or after was more comfortable on any setting is always preferable. The goal now isn't to see AHI of zero but if we see consistent below 5 and comfort with minimum sleep disturbance is maintained.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I learn something from everyone who comments... I am so grateful for the kindness of your time and guidance.

Last night my Fitbit has sleep starting at 0510 and when not including the Oscar data previous to 0510 the remaining 5 hrs 10 minutes sleep (graphs attached) was an AHI of 0.0
Holy cow!!

The leak rate for the night was 12.00 but that all occurred during the first hour after which the large leak rate was 0.00

The couple nights prior were lousy sleep but it appears as I'm adjusting to the ASV I'm having great success! 

A question:
There have been changes in resting BPM and REM sleep since starting on ASV and I'm wondering if they'll return to or near my normal with continued use?

I'm aware of the inherent inaccuracies of sport watches but have found my Fitbit Charge 3 to be consistent and the sleep recording correlates quite well with how I feel physically and mentally next day. 

Sleeping on my back resting BPM tended to be 70-74 and recently was a pretty consistent 70 BPM. 
With ASV resting heart rate for the 5 nights has risen to 79/80/80/78/76.
Also deep sleep has increased to 18-22% from the previous 30 day average of 15%... presumably a good thing (the benchmark for women my age is 8-16%.)
This increase seems to primarily be correlated with a reduction in light sleep % but on 2 nights the REM phase was 0% and 4% (previous 30 day average was 19%.) Undoubtedly not healthy if this continues.

Does anyone know whether I can anticipate these "side effects" with ASV will resolve with time?

Post Reply Post Reply
I'd believe things ought to get better as you get used to the ASV. Unless something is uncomfortable, I'd suggest go as is at least one more night and post the data. Comment on feel as in more or less comfort etc.

Best wishes to your success
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 25 58 minutes ago
Last Post: sleeper2460
Smile Questions for newly diagnosed Schernenk 21 316 2 hours ago
Last Post: Schernenk
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 53 Yesterday, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 103 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 64 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 400 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 140 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.