Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Wake up dry mouth, sore throat, chest hurts
RE: Wake up dry mouth, sore throat, chest hurts
So, I woke up this morning and I was breathing around the tape, somehow. How? LOL! I don't know! so, it is back to the chinstrap. Ugh. Oh well.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Wake up dry mouth, sore throat, chest hurts
Wash around your mouth with hot water and soap prior to placing the tape over your mouth.

If possible, shave often enough that your stubble is never longer than 1 mm when you apply tape over it.

I use the same tape, and it works very well.  When I apply it (to a clean and dry mouth exterior), I press it firmly against my skin and lips...all over, three or four times.  That seems to do the trick.

I have gotten so that I only need to place about 1.5" across the centre of my mouth.  I used to tape so that the ends of the tape would extend at least 5/8" beyond the corners of my mouth.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 32 9 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 374 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 317 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,079 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
  Choosing Apnea Mouth Guard newtothis1 9 806 03-08-2024, 09:52 PM
  Dry mouth even using mouth tape Wcsleep 8 1,165 03-08-2024, 09:37 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.