Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Wake up each morning with sinus headache (S8 Screen Frozen)
Wake up each morning with sinus headache (S8 Screen Frozen)
Despite having a humidifier in the bedroom and the humidifier on my CPAP working, I wake up each morning with what feels like a sinus headache, painful sinuses and what is best described as "hollow head".
I can't find out why. Am wondering if anyone has the same experience and any advice. Am wondering whether the CPAP is set correctly and would like to check this out. Anyone know how to get into the clinical settings on a Resmed Elite? Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed Elite S8's screen is frozen!
My ResMed Elite S8's screen is frozen. It shows RAMP:OFF and, below that Menu and an arrow pointing upwards. I have disconnected the cord a number of times but it always returns to this frozen screen. What do I do? Thanks.

inja@rogers.com
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Elite S8's screen is frozen!
If it were me I'd get a replacement ResMed 10 or 11 series. That 8 series must have a lot of hours.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Wake up each morning with sinus headache!
It's only a guess but that headache could be based on untreated Apnea and/or oxygen deprivation.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Elite S8's screen is frozen!
It does, as do I! It does need replacing but I need to keep it going for just a while longer if I can. The new ones are so expensive and also, supply is short so choice has become an issue. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have researched and, most likely, the pressure is higher than required. Was trying to get into the clinical menu when the screen froze. Is that a Staffy? Looks like our Cannon who is now happily tripping up people in dog heaven.
Post Reply Post Reply
This may not help you if your screen is frozen, but I guess it's worth a try.

ResMed S8 Compact, S8 Elite, S8 AutoSet Vantage & AutoSet Spirit: Press the right and down arrows simultaneously for about 3 seconds until the word "clinical" appears. Select Menu, then use the left and right arrows to cycle through the settings. Use the up and down arrows to make adjustments
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for that. I tried that previously which seems to have led to frozen screen. I'm working on it but the garbage can is already licking its lips.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Wake up each morning with sinus headache (S8 Screen Frozen)
My avatar is of my dog Nani. She was adopted by me 2 months ago with her sitting in shelter 3 years. 7 year old pitbull, maybe a mix but shelter didn't DNA her. But she's tested as 100% couch potato. She thinks she's underfed but weighs in at 83 pounds.

Best wishes on your S8. I know very little about them other than that's 2 or 3 Gen old. Maybe get it antique plates.

Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Wake up each morning with sinus headache (S8 Screen Frozen)
Lack of oxygen because of apnea can definitely result in morning headache. It sounds like there's a real chance that your machine isn't functioning well, or worse. But the timing is bad for sure. The PR recall has wrought havoc on the whole market, new and used, as you know.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 14 525 04-12-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Luka07
  Headache, Brain Fog, Dizziness, Nausea after APAP Use geosyncline 24 3,223 04-10-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: jiyun
  [Equipment] Do you turn off your Airsense in the morning after using? dharma2255 9 248 04-10-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Wake up very early circa 4AM with bad headache, any help appreciated. new2paphopeful 1 143 03-30-2024, 05:48 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  First Day with S9 AutoSet - Many Clear Airway in the morning liuzilong 6 196 03-18-2024, 09:25 PM
Last Post: liuzilong
  ENT / Morning Sleep r4robin 4 242 03-07-2024, 06:12 PM
Last Post: r4robin
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 591 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.