Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

*Info wanted* wrist oxygen monitor
*Info wanted* wrist oxygen monitor
Trying to find a consumer OR healthcare grade wrist oxygen monitor that has replacable batteries (AAA or lithium button cell, etc).

Pickings seem slim, and all I can find are consumer devices that have internal non-replacable batteries.

Suggestions?  Already called my cpap supplier, no help there…
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: *Info wanted* wrist oxygen monitor
If cost is no object, just google "Nonin Wrist Pulse Oximeter".  It takes two AAAs, and will cost you around $1000 with their Nvision software.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-25-2022, 07:14 PM)FrankFuss Wrote: If cost is no object, just google "Nonin Wrist Pulse Oximeter".  It takes two AAAs, and will cost you around $1000 with their Nvision software.

Since the newer S11 does not have the Nonin pulse/oximeter capabilities like the S9 and S10, I am trying to find out if ResMed's newer devices will incorporate the Bluetooth version in the future. Specifically the WristOx2 Model 3150 With Bluetooth Low Energy. (Approx $778.00 list) 

Be advised they come in both Bluetooth and USB versions and that Bluetooth might be more compatible with newer, as yet unreleased devices.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
wrist isn't very accurate or so I have read
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-20-2023, 10:28 PM)tinyobject Wrote: wrist isn't very accurate or so I have read

(1)  With most casual users in non-life threatening applications, you are not looking for scientific precision, but gross readings and trends over a period of time. So accuracy may be less than an issue one might imagine.
(2)  Most pulse oximeters are susceptible to data drop-outs and anomalous artifacts due to sensor motion. Even medical-grade devices. 
(3)  Individuals with heart arrhythmias, including afib, v-tach, PACs, and PVCs can produce wonky pulse readings.
(4)  Nail polish or nail discoloring can also affect O2 readings.
(5)  Many devices have a so-called smart algorithm that automatically adjusts for transient issues.
(6)  You may wish to look at Pulse Oximetry - Nonin and WristOx2® Model 3150 with Bluetooth® Low Energy - Nonin (Look under resources for accuracy data.)

Hope this helps.

-- Steve
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 133 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 89 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 674 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Admin Note] Wanted: ResMed AirCurve 11 Clinical Guides (Clinician Manuals) SuperSleeper 1 251 03-01-2024, 09:14 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  AirMini with Oxygen darral.freund 2 918 02-08-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: darral.freund
  Resvent iBreeze APAP and BiPAP info TechieHippie 2 261 02-04-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 355 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.