Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Waking up/Air pressure
Waking up/Air pressure
Hello, Happy New Year to all,
I've been using CPAP since April 2009. On my second CPAP machine, currently using a ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset with a ResMed Quattro Full face mask and heated hose. Haven't had a great nights sleep since the very first night of the sleep study back in April 2009, although my sleep is better than prior to getting tested. All my numbers from my machine history 'look' satisfactory to any Sleep Apnea doctor I've broached this to, so they are reluctant to want to change anything.

I do not wake up well rested, and sometimes with a headache. Lately I've been waking up about an hour or two before my alarm clock to constant pressure of 12 (I believe mask is leaking at that point) and even though I am awake at that point (sometimes for 15 minutes) and aware of my breathing it doesn't adjust accordingly. Is it not supposed to adjust the air pressure, either more or less depending on what it detects my breathing to be? So my solution is to turn the machine off and then the auto detection turns it back on once it senses my breathing and it starts off nice and low like around 4 then I suspect it ramps up. By this time I'm falling back to sleep, only to be woken by my alarm, and hence being tired.

Is there anything I should make sure of or could adjust in the settings in the machine? (I can access the clinician setup menu)

I have fiddled with my mask, keep my hair short (when my hair gets longer I seem to adjust the straps more).

If anybody has questions for me (or probable solutions), I can definitely answer them to hopefully better dial this thing in.

Thanks for all of your assistance,
Ed

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Waking up/Air pressure
Your machine is data capable, so if you have a computer,
download SleepyHead and/or request ResScan (links at page top)
1) take the CPAP chip (left side on ResMed machines)
2) slide the write protect tab to locked
3) place it in the SDHC card slot (not too expensive if you don't have one, but do have an open USB port)
4) start up the software (either or both - slightly different displays and calculations)
5) take screen shots of a single night's detail data
6) upload this to Imgur, or put it in a Google Drive drawing
7) copy the link to a post on the forum

And we'll be able to see it and give you feedback.

Note: you need to have posted at least 4 times to display a full link, but if you put spaces between the parts of it, we can usually figure it out.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Beej has the idea. Use this link for download #SleepyHead

My signature links shows how to organize and post images. Welcome to the forum Ed.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Beej,
I will pick up an SDHC card reader, install the software and report back.

Thanks,
Ed
Post Reply Post Reply
I purchased a high speed card reader that is for the SDHC card, put my data card in it, installed Sleepyhead and that is it. Nothing happens at this point. at a total standstill

I get a black screen when sleepyhead launches. Does this software create a desktop icon, because i didn't get one?
Post Reply Post Reply
Make sure sleepyhead starts. You should see the welcome screen with the 3 icons. If you don't have that, the problem is the Sleepyhead install. You can try to manually start it in BrokenGL mode by going to the C:\program files x86\sleepyhead, and finding the two EXE files. One is brokenGL for machines with integrated graphics. Double click that and see if the program starts.

If that fixes it, make a shortcut to that file (right-click, move to desktop as shortcut).
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK eddio, I need a little more information. First what operating system are you using? When you insert the SD card, does it show up in your system as a directory or drive?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-30-2016, 10:26 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: OK eddio, I need a little more information. First what operating system are you using? When you insert the SD card, does it show up in your system as a directory or drive?

Windows XP
When I go to my computer, I see the removable drive as E:
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-30-2016, 10:22 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Make sure sleepyhead starts. You should see the welcome screen with the 3 icons. If you don't have that, the problem is the Sleepyhead install. You can try to manually start it in BrokenGL mode by going to the C:\program files x86\sleepyhead, and finding the two EXE files. One is brokenGL for machines with integrated graphics. Double click that and see if the program starts.

If that fixes it, make a shortcut to that file (right-click, move to desktop as shortcut).

Went and found BrokenGL and executed that
Now a screen that I think is normal came up after I selected my profile/user and I am trying to import now..
Post Reply Post Reply
OK. . . When you setup your user account in SleepyHead it should ask for the drive or directory where your data is stored? For data safety. I would recommend that you create a directory, named something like "Resmed Data". Then copy the SD data to this directory in case the SD card goes bad or get reformatted.. You can point SleepyHead to this directory for data import.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Waking up 10+ times a night Valtor 0 24 44 minutes ago
Last Post: Valtor
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 284 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 156 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 394 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Waking up often Omenislost 3 259 03-01-2024, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Anxiety dreams all night and waking up anxious Clementine39 1 191 02-23-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 305 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.