Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Waking up/Air pressure
RE: Waking up/Air pressure
Ok, i took 6 screen shots from last nights sleep data, i saved them in word, here are the first 2

Machine Settings

ModeCPAP Mode APAP
Pressure MinMinimum Therapy Pressure 6.00 cmH2O
Pressure MaxMaximum Therapy Pressure 20.00 cmH2O
Antibacterial FilterAntibacterial Filter No
Climate ControlClimate Control Auto
EPRResMed Exhale Pressure Relief Off
Humidifier StatusHumidifier Enabled Status On
Humidity LevelHumidity Level 3
MaskResMed Mask Setting Full Face
Patient AccessPatient Access No
RampRamp Enable Off
Smart StartMachine auto starts by breathing On
TemperatureClimateLine Temperature 27 ºC
Temperature EnableClimateLine Temperature Enable 1

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm no sure if what I just sent is of any help, it is incomplete and I have reached my max upload quota.
Post Reply Post Reply
there is a ton of data in pie charts, graphs and percentages that i do not understand. i am not sure how i could get someone to view and decipher what is going on during my sleeps and direct me.
Post Reply Post Reply
The reason we use links is because of the upload quota, hence steps 6 and 7

6) upload this to Imgur, or put it in a Google Drive drawing
7) copy the link to a post on the forum

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
What I can see your pressure rising but no reason here, possibly snoring or flow limitation.
Then rapidly rising after a period of large leaks, a Hyponea, and a CA event to about 15/16 then coming down
Later preceding your wakeup event your pressure rose again, this time in response to a series of events strating with a hyponea, 3 CAs and 2 UAs, and possibily snores and flow limits.

I would like to see the snore and flow limit graphs, but based on this i would consider setting the range to 7 - 15.
15 will stop the rise above that of which you have very little.
7 because I think you could use a little more support on the low end.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is some useful info:
Taking screenshots in SleepyHead can be achieved by pressing the F12 key. The screenshot will be stored in the SleepyHeadData/Profiles/YourName/Screenshot directory. The image file will have a ".png" extension.

Beginner's Guide To SleepyHead:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead
Note: See Item #14 for more info on posting images.

Ordering your charts for posting:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

Using Imgur to post charts:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board

Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lets see if these work. There are 2 charts per file..

http://imgur.com/a/i3iRk
http://imgur.com/a/qGqxL

Thanks,
Ed

p.s.- when I look at the other nights sleeps that I uploaded to sleepyhead, no two nights are the same.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ed, your latest graphs are working pretty well. Decent results with a few hypopnea, but not a problem. How about we add 2.0 to your minimum pressure from 6.0 to 8.0, and also put in 2.0 for EPR. What that is going to do is give some pressure difference between inhale and exhale. It won't really change your pressures, but sometimes pressure support is good for hypopnea resolution. It might be worth a try. Keep it if it's comfortable and doesn't cause any problems; go back to what you have if you don't like it.

Tom
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
eddieo,
The minimum pressure of 6 is too low, and your pressure range of 6-13 is too wide.

The pressure will rise when responding to snores. Snores indicate the minimum pressure needs adjusted. Most likely, you are waking up due to the machine ramping up due to snores and also the few leaks you have. It could be your mask moving or mouth breathing. Leaks are not too bad, but try to be aware of that..

I would adjust the pressure to a minimum of 9cm and maximum of 14cm.
You can also try EPR. This can help when exhaling.

And it would be rare to see any two nights the same. AHI numbers can vary and different factors play into that.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looking good,
This chart shows your base support level is 8 so set you min to 8 as suggested above.
Did you wake up again? If so why do you think that happened?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Waking up 10+ times a night Valtor 11 159 20 minutes ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 295 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 160 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 402 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Waking up often Omenislost 3 263 03-01-2024, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Anxiety dreams all night and waking up anxious Clementine39 1 193 02-23-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 310 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.