Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Waking up/Air pressure
RE: Waking up/Air pressure
Thanks everyone for the help!

Here is what I changed:
Min @ 8 Max @ 14
I changed EPR to ON
EPR is on Full Time
I changed EPR level to 2

I noticed that Essentials is on Plus
And my start pressure is on 4, with Ramp on Auto
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi eddieo,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Ed, that sounds great. Only change I'd make is to either turn off Ramp, or set it to at least 6. I'd be willing to bet you feel like you don't get enough air when you first lay down, and it's that low setting on ramp that's at fault.

You're going to be so comfortable you might miss New Year's Eve! Too-funny
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-31-2016, 02:56 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi eddieo,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.

Hi Trish,
Thanks!
- Ed
(12-31-2016, 03:00 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Ed, that sounds great. Only change I'd make is to either turn off Ramp, or set it to at least 6. I'd be willing to bet you feel like you don't get enough air when you first lay down, and it's that low setting on ramp that's at fault.

You're going to be so comfortable you might miss New Year's Eve! Too-funny

Ok, I've changed the setting to 6. Looking forward to trying out the new settings tonight and will report back tomorrow morning on if I have noticed any difference.
Thanks,
- Ed
Post Reply Post Reply
Ed,
Let us know how you FEEL also. Are you still waking up and why?
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-31-2016, 04:27 PM)bonjour Wrote: Ed,
Let us know how you FEEL also. Are you still waking up and why?

Bonjour,
My major complaints thus far have been waking up and feeling like I haven't slept, sporadic headaches and general soreness and fatigue.

Perhaps, with some of these changes I made in the settings, they will affect my sleep in a positive way, and we can go from there.

- Ed
Post Reply Post Reply
Happy New Year All!

Based on the changes made in post# 21 (and the start pressure at 6), I had a relatively good sleep and wasn't woken up during the night with mask or air issues. My girlfriend said I moved around more in my sleep than I normally do and I woke up not as groggy as the day before.

My goal is to get restful sleeps so I can wake up refreshed and have a productive day, so I'm on a mission to dial this all in to achieve that.

If anybody needs to see another sleepyhead set of screen shots to further review my progress and see where there may be adjustments needed, I'd be more than welcome to provide that.

Thanks,
Ed
Post Reply Post Reply
Improvement in how you feel is good. Let's give it a few days at the new settings and see if there is something more we can do. Happy new year!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good morning All,
Hope everyone's New Year is going well!
It's been a few days since my last post: As of this morning, I woke up feeling a little groggier than the last few days, and with a slight headache. I did notice that my events per hour rose from 0.8 a day or two ago to 1.4 this morning according to my sleep report on the console of the machine. Overall, since I made the changes from the recommendations above I have slept better, but I still think I should be feeling more rested.

Thank you,
Ed
Post Reply Post Reply
Eddie, I think it's common for there to be a feeling of "let-down" at this stage of the game. You have been doing great for a week or more and wonder, where's the big sense of refreshment I was supposed to get? It has been discussed many times on the forum, and for some lucky people, they feel it pretty quickly; other it can take 6-months or longer, and some just find they have a new normal that doesn't feel so exciting.

My own opinion is that sleep can be restorative, but you have to "live" life to feel excited and refreshed. It doesn't come from sleep alone. Once you've got the sleep part down, it's easier to go out and live it up a bit. The chronic fatigue and not being active is a hard habit to break, especially in winter.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Waking up 10+ times a night Valtor 11 157 4 minutes ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 294 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 160 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 402 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Waking up often Omenislost 3 263 03-01-2024, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Anxiety dreams all night and waking up anxious Clementine39 1 193 02-23-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 310 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.