Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Waking up every two hours
Sad 
Waking up every two hours
So I have no complaints about my CPAP, but for the past two weeks I have been waking up every two hours. I checked the stats on the software, and there is nothing that I can see that indicates why.

Anyone else have this issue? I usually - but not always - get back to sleep right away. There have been a few nights recently when I wake up at 2 a.m. and that's that.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Waking up every two hours
2-3am is typical time a lot of people have problems with. Either can't go to sleep until then or wake up and can't go back to sleep.

Are you on any kind of anti-depressant or have any stress/depression issues?

Started any kind of new medication or routine?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Me too when started out with the therapy sleep was interrupted during the night and could not sleep more than 4 hours. It took some time adjusting, tweaking and paying attention to sleep hygiene Not drinking caffeine drinks or wine closer to bed time. There are few things not related with CPAP can mess up with sleep architecture such as drugs legal or otherwise, pain, stress, bed , other heath issues, etc...
Some of the problems which affected my sleep quality:
Mask and mouth leaks
Apnea just before waking up
Machine set incorrectly by the doc
Cold room
Mattress seen better days
Humidifier at wrong setting
nasal congestion
Mask choice

Now I,m very strict going to bed before 10.30 and usually up before 5 in the morning.
CPAP therapy can be unpredictable ...No two nights can be alike
Who said its easy to sleep and breathe at the same time Dont-know

Post Reply Post Reply
Tips for a quality night's sleep
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ht-s-sleep
Post Reply Post Reply
I wake up every 2-4 hours throughout the night, every night. I can't remember when this started, but it I think it's something that developed slowly over the years. Since starting CPAP ten months ago I find it much easier to get back to sleep. Usually.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been waking up 2 or 3 times a night for as long as i can remember before CPAP and after but i can go back to sleep now before i would just lie there,I do have some night that I awake just once but not often
Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi eaglett1111, Have you had extra stress lately that might disturb your sleep? I hope you can get this straightened out. Best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I also had a real tough time with sleeping for the first 3 weeks. I am just now getting 6 hours a night, but i really could use more, but can't seam to get passed the 6. And when i do wake up i am up and cannot fall back asleep, so now i think my body has just decided 6 hours is enough and that is all i am going to get.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all. Went to bed quite early last night, and seem to have gotten a solid five hours sleep. I've been up since 2. I do believe it is time I really focus on some life changes to help with the sleep. Last night I kept myself to one glass of wine. Sad Today I'm starting a more rigorous exercise regimen. I'll also go buy some lavender to put in the room.

I've had no undue stress lately (not more than usual anyway). But I also made an appt to see my counselor for a tuneup. And after that I'm getting a massage!
Post Reply Post Reply
Be careful not to exercise too close to bedtime. Leave at least a couple of hours between or it will be hard to get to sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 236 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 206 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 115 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 356 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 426 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Waking up often Omenislost 3 241 03-01-2024, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Anxiety dreams all night and waking up anxious Clementine39 1 171 02-23-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.