Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Remstar System One 60 Series Auto vs PR1 Pro
Remstar System One 60 Series Auto vs PR1 Pro
Hi all,

As mentioned in my introductory post, I've been using a System One Auto as part of my sleep trial with a Wisp mask and have taken to this setup quite well.

Now I am about to begin the final week of my trial and the clinician has set the machine for a fixed pressure of 12 I think to see if I can cope (comfort-wise) with a higher fixed pressure.

His reasoning behind this is that if I can cope with the higher fixed pressure, I may be able to purchase a cheaper CPAP machine. Please keep in mind that in Australia, this represents about a $600 saving between an Auto vs a PR1 Pro.

Just looking for your thoughts on this. Assuming I get through this week ok at the higher pressure, should I save the money and use it towards other accessories (mask, maybe DC adapter etc) or should I pay the $600 extra for the Auto.

Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Remstar System One 60 Series Auto vs PR1 Pro
Personally I would always go with the auto, I paid $2000 for mine, it was the best money I ever spent, having said that you have to buy what you can afford, if you have private health insurance you get about 20 % back depending on your extras. You could try buy off the net which is much cheaper I wouldn't do it for your first machine but maybe look at it next time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Tez62,

Yes the 2K mark is what I'm seeing at most places for the System One Auto and about $1400 for the PR1 Pro. Unfortunately when I called my health care provider that said they're not going to pay out anything on our current family plan. To add insult to injury, they said I could be covered if I upgraded our monthly premium! And then the final straw, even if I went through with the upgrade I'd then have to wait another 12 months before claiming against a CPAP machine!
Post Reply Post Reply
Never mind about health cover, I got Bupa cover would pay $500 toward new machine but only if machine bought locally and pay the rip-off prices ... no one should pay these outrageous prices ... buyer beware

If you don,t need the heated hose, second wind (Supplier #2) got new PR System One Auto w/humidifier 50 series machine (550) US $479 Aus $530. PR System One Auto w/humidifier 60 series (560) US $499 Aus 550 plus US $90 Aus 99 for the heated hose kit

Plus shipping cost to Australia, machines are multi-voltage and need to get power plug adapter US/Aus or you might find Aus power cord
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,645 Yesterday, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Resmed Heating System Errors btreger 0 119 04-05-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Inspire system JThammer 15 390 04-04-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: cdplatt
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 6 7,069 03-30-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Ron LI
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,900 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 478 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 365 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.