Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Waking up in the middle of the night
RE: Waking up in the middle of the night
(06-12-2014, 02:53 PM)WakeUpTime Wrote: Just wondering how you guys have made out with trying to reduce or eliminate the middle-of-the-night wake-ups. Have you come up with any new revelations?

Similar to the OP ("JJJ"), after 6 months with CPAP, I continue to wakeup up absolutely every night after about 4 hours of sleep and find it impossible to get back to anything that might be called "sleep".

I had the same problem, but it has faded away. It takes time, but it does happen.

The solution for me was to stop worrying about it. Waking up in the night is something everyone does, what varies is whether or not we have a memory of it.

I would get out of bed and read with the lowest light level possible.

A doctor prescribed trazodone, which also helped. If I have trouble falling asleep I take half a pill. If I wake up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep I take a half of a pill.

I only take a few pills per month because I try to take it only when I really need it.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Waking up 10+ times a night Valtor 5 105 2 hours ago
Last Post: Valtor
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 289 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 158 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 399 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Waking up often Omenislost 3 260 03-01-2024, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Anxiety dreams all night and waking up anxious Clementine39 1 192 02-23-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 308 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.