Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is my leakage acceptable?
Is my leakage acceptable?
Hi all

I am a new CPAP user, and have been within treatment for nearly a month. When diagnosed my AHI was 34,7.

I am using Philips devices and changed from Amara View to a a Dreamwear mask, which I find much easier to adapt and sleep with. I have been on Dreamwear for 10 days now, and I find the mask very comfortable to use.

However, I am a bit concerned about the leakage from the mask - especially when sleeping on the side. It seems like my mask is folding when I am side sleeping, and I have the impression that to much air is leaking in periods.

I am not sure I am interpreting my Sleepyhead data correctly, but it seems like the data is not alarming in terms of leakage. Only very low numbers regd. large leaks (2 nights on 0,7% and 2,1% respectively - otherwise 0%). My AHI has been increasing from around 4-5 up to 10-11 the last two days, and I think it could be due to leakages.

I will be happy to hear your thoughts about my leakage concern, and to hear your experience on leakage in general .

Also let me know if you have any comments or thought to my sleep data, and what I could do further to lower my AHI. 

I have attached 2 screenshots of my Sleepyhead graphs for days where my AHI was approx 5 and approx 11.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is my leakage acceptable?
Looking at your chart the leak rate is fine for a Dreamstation machine. You might want to raise your minimum pressure up to 8cm.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  flow limitations acceptable levels yankees123 27 1,932 03-23-2024, 02:41 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  [CPAP] Can pressure wanting to go higher actually be due to leakage? richapple 1 154 03-15-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question Tidal Volume Acceptable Range trance 12 3,606 03-02-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] Massive leakage with new P30i unlockingsleep 2 305 02-25-2024, 03:14 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  What is an "acceptable" Large Leak percent? BlueSky1958 21 1,691 12-04-2023, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Acceptable Large Leak Percentage? kenhh 15 5,149 10-10-2023, 12:04 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  Acceptable Leak Rate Columbiabill 7 978 10-07-2023, 08:18 PM
Last Post: barney999

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.