Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Waking up with mask off after 2 hours
RE: Waking up with mask off after 2 hours
I bought 2 Knightsbridge dual straps. I wear one, keep the other as a spare.

Purpose is to keep my jaw closed so I don't mouth breath.

It would help you two ways....as a chinstrap. And if you put it over your mask headgear it'll keep your mask on. I have to be wide awake to the Knightsbridge Dual Strap off.

Hope this helps.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks you all for your suggestions! I've just ordered the Knightsbridge and will give it a try, along with the nasal mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
skyuser37 you helped me a lot.

I've felt blah for about 2 months. I just upgraded/ran OSCAR.  I've had a problem for a while and haven't checked. So the last two nights I took my own advice.

I used my ResMed nasal mask (N20) and then put my Knightsbridge Dual Strap on.  First night was good. Last night I went to bed earlier and slept longer.  Surprised when I woke up this morning. AHI on my S10 was 0.0 ! And I feel better.  I do have strap marks on my face 3 hours after taking my mask off.

I've posted about the Knightsbridge Dual Strap here many times.  When I first started I had 0 leakage! But sometimes I've written about my experiences with it.  It's the best chinstrap I've used.  Closest thing to it has been the cpap cap. I've had 3 of those. Last purchase I found it was different and I didn't like it as much.
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
It's odd to me it's advertised as 'anti-snoring.' I thought if somebody has issues breathing through their nose while sleep (snoring per say), they would naturally open their mouth to let more air in. By using this strap, they are preventing the opening of the mouth for bringing in more air into their system?

For CPAP users that has no issues with nasal breathing, it seems practical to prevent them from opening their mouth, but it seems like a dangerous product to keep one's mouth shut if they are having trouble breathing while sleeping?!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-27-2021, 09:15 AM)DaveL Wrote: skyuser37 you helped me a lot.

I've felt blah for about 2 months. I just upgraded/ran OSCAR.  I've had a problem for a while and haven't checked. So the last two nights I took my own advice.

I used my ResMed nasal mask (N20) and then put my Knightsbridge Dual Strap on.  First night was good. Last night I went to bed earlier and slept longer.  Surprised when I woke up this morning. AHI on my S10 was 0.0 ! And I feel better.  I do have strap marks on my face 3 hours after taking my mask off.

I've posted about the Knightsbridge Dual Strap here many times.  When I first started I had 0 leakage! But sometimes I've written about my experiences with it.  It's the best chinstrap I've used.  Closest thing to it has been the cpap cap. I've had 3 of those. Last purchase I found it was different and I didn't like it as much

Glad to hear that it's helped you DaveL! Can't wait to try mine when it arrives
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-28-2021, 07:34 AM)CorruptAlligator Wrote: It's odd to me it's advertised as 'anti-snoring.'  I thought if somebody has issues breathing through their nose while sleep (snoring per say), they would naturally open their mouth to let more air in.  By using this strap, they are preventing the opening of the mouth for bringing in more air into their system?

For CPAP users that has no issues with nasal breathing, it seems practical to prevent them from opening their mouth, but it seems like a dangerous product to keep one's mouth shut if they are having trouble breathing while sleeping?!

Hi CorruptAlligator, not too sure about this as I have not read up too much about it
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-29-2021, 01:28 AM)skyuser37 Wrote: Hi CorruptAlligator, not too sure about this as I have not read up too much about it

It's a chin strap. except  Smile

It's a cap with two chinstraps. The gentleman that dsigned it and sells it had a need. Other chinstraps pushed his jaw back.  This just lifts the jaw. He has a video on his site that explains it.

I bought 2 of them to get free shipping...there was no Canadian vendor then. 

Dave

Cole's notes--if you wish check out his site. There's good information there.  Search for Knightsbridge Dual Band. And there is a review here. I posted there a number of times. Euphoria at first; then concerns I had  Short summary--it's better made than other chinstraps I've had. Fit is critical I believe.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Only sleeping 3 hours a night with CPAP, almost fell asleep at wheel biboombap 11 234 04-19-2024, 10:25 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  SleepHQ O2 Ring Alarm waking me up MurrayApnea 1 183 04-19-2024, 08:53 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Airsense 10 run hours??? eok361 5 158 04-18-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Flow Limit and frequent waking issues Premier1991 3 220 04-15-2024, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Gross Waking up anxious Gailofiowa 3 125 04-09-2024, 08:10 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 348 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 407 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.