Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

One More Come-back Kid
One More Come-back Kid
After a long absence,  I have, with much help from Super Sleeper, been reinstated to the forums....

Mizz Cracker, who is the actual SA patient, has been doing real well.  Never misses a night with her 'nosey'.  All settings and equipment in my vitals listed, are still the same. 

Her Phillips has been, and still is doing a wonderful job for her, but it is accumulating quite a few hours, and we're both considering an upgrade to a newer model, and retiring our present one to use as a back-up, should any thing go wrong with a new replacement.

I will be mostly lurking and reading, but I just wanted to send a special 'Hey Y'all!!', to some old friends still here and active.  And hoping to maybe make some new ones as we go along...

Best wishes!  And sleep well!

FLc
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: One More Come-back Kid
Welcome back FLcracker and of course Mizz Cracker!

I use the same machine and mine is still going strong too, but it is a good idea to start considering a replacement before a breakdown.  

Here is a link that may help you choose.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_choices
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much Miss Opal!!

Noting that you and Mizz Cracker are using the same machines, I'll just ask straight out:  If you were to upgrade yours to something brand new...What would be your likely choice?  Would you stay with Phillips?...or perhaps another brand all-together?

I also want her to have a heated hose option with her coming new one... Then I found just recently that hers has the availability to run one, And we just didn't realize it until just a short time ago.  Down here in the blackwater swamps of Beautiful Downtown Odessa,  a heated hose would not be often used, but as we never sleep with heat in the house on all night ,  (LP gas log fireplace), sometimes the air in the bedroom can get pretty chilly, and the cooler forced air can give her sinuses a fit. 

Anyway..thanks again for the shout-out...we got pretty chilly down here last week with remnants of that wonderful 'Arctic Blast' that y'all shared with us... But I know, NOTHING like what you experienced up there in Buckeye. 

Stay warm and well, and Blessings sent...

FLc
Post Reply Post Reply
Although I have always gotten very good results with the Respironics 60 Series APAP, I am considering switching to the ResMed AirSense 10 Auto For Her.

The reason for me is that any apnea events I experience are usually Hypopneas, in which I believe the ResMed’s EPR (expiratory pressure relief) would help with that, more so than the Respironics Flex system. I also experience “flow limitations”, and the ResMed For Her would be a better choice in treating that as the Respironics just doesn’t respond fast enough.

Again, I haven’t ruled out looking into a Respironics DreamStation Auto as a replacement.

Both machines are good choices, but I am leaning toward a ResMed machine.

Get a heated hose. I use it more in the winter, but still keep it on the lowest setting even in the summer months.

Good luck in your decision.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm with Opal Rose.  I use the same PR machine and have had no problems with it.  From what I have read I think the Resmed for Her would be the one for me also.  I have virtually no apneas--mostly those pesky hypopneas, flow limitations and a really big problem with RERA's.  I do like the fact that PR machines are 12 volt rather than 24.  My husband uses a Resmed S9 and it also has been trouble free--it is probably 5 years old now but the VA isn't automatically replacing them at that time--you have to complain it is noisy (his isn't).
Post Reply Post Reply
Under the assumption that you have a choice, go with a ResMed 10 series. I've had a Respironics BPAP, and it was very good. Being that it was a BPAP, it didn't work well with my Central Apneas. I moved on to my ResMed ASV, which has been great thus far.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much to all who have contributed suggestions thus far.... I will likely go back to the same vendor that we bought the Phillips from. Not sure yet if they are still open for business, but they were very helpful when I 'accidentally' bought a 'brick', not being well informed enough at that time to know better, and they allowed me to return it and replace and upgrade to the one we finally have that has full recording capabilities.  I very much appreciate that kind of customer support and service.

They were located in WA State.  I still have all my original receipts, and will hopefully reconnect with them again very soon....If not I know the board has a listing of lots of good vendors out there. 

Best, FLc
If It Weren't For 'Flashbacks', I'd Have No Memory At All
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,956 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 514 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 14 930 02-22-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 396 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Help figuring out why symptoms are back Jess2117 1 293 02-21-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: MikeR20
  Back at it after a few years HomerJ 7 539 02-18-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Trouble Breathing, take off mask and put back on, then no trouble? mogulman 0 233 02-13-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: mogulman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.