Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Waking up with palpitations - laying on back
RE: Waking up with palpitations - laying on back
Well shocking back into rhythm isnt exactly something anyone can do whenever they need to at home.

As I understand Ventricular Tachycardia is only serious because it can progress to Ventricular Fibrilation, that itself is the reason I guess. Ventricular Fibrilation is when your ventricles no longer pump blood and just quiver like a muscle twitching.
Post Reply Post Reply
I do have a friend that has an implanted Defibrillator / Pacemaker, so yes you can have that capability at home.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-05-2019, 09:22 AM)crowtor Wrote: Well shocking back into rhythm isnt exactly something anyone can do whenever they need to at home.

As I understand Ventricular Tachycardia is only serious because it can progress to Ventricular Fibrilation, that itself is the reason I guess. Ventricular Fibrilation is when your ventricles no longer pump blood and just quiver like a muscle twitching.
Apparently, if you were forced to choose between atrial fibrillation and ventricular, hands down the atrial wins.  The ventricular form, which CAN result from tachycardia, is a worrisome development.
Post Reply Post Reply
Both v-tach and v-fib can cause cardiac arrest. Most often it’s people with significant cardiac disease such as cardiomyopathy who experience v-tach or v-fib. Yes there is greater mortality associated with v-fib.
Post Reply Post Reply
So are you saying I shouldn't trust my electrophysiologist or cardiologist? Because my electrophysiologist wants me to stop my Multaq since I haven't had any recurrence of AFIB for almost two years. He said if I did, it would have broke thru the medicine, since he sees it break thru all the time in other people.
So more then likely, my afib was just caused by my sleep apnea.

Ive had Holter monitor and other heart testing and my heart is normal except for the one Afib incident, and inappropriate sinus tachycardia. Doctor isn't concerned about the tachycardia either. I asked him during my last visit, about it going into Vtach or vfib and he wasn't concerned either about it.

All he said is that if I have recurring tachycardia off Multaq, then we need to consider ablation.

My tachycardia usually doesn't go about 140bpm. Not sure if Vtach or vfib can occur at any heart rate?
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto
Pressure EPAP min 4.4, IPAP 8.4, IPAP Max 18, PS 4.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SleepHQ O2 Ring Alarm waking me up MurrayApnea 1 40 2 hours ago
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Flow Limit and frequent waking issues Premier1991 3 193 04-15-2024, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Gross Waking up anxious Gailofiowa 3 112 04-09-2024, 08:10 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping mawaw1992 6 173 04-07-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Glad to Have a Back-up, RM 11 Sent Back for Repair somewherein413 4 151 04-04-2024, 09:02 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Back to CPAP for UARS, help interpreting graphs dcg494 2 203 04-02-2024, 08:58 AM
Last Post: dcg494
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 325 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.