Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Waking up with racing heart
Waking up with racing heart
Over the past few months I have been waking up throughout the night with a racing heart, at once or twice a night, sometimes three or more. I have found that lowering my pressure seems to help, but if I go too low, I get more Clear Airways and/or Hypopneas.

As mentioned in another post recently, I am hoping to get a new study, but it will be later this year at the earliest.

I am sharing some of these from events last night. 

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Waking up with racing heart
Here's a wider view, including a similar issue around 2:38am.

Post Reply Post Reply
Have you ruled out palpitations/arrythmia? I had that for a few weeks and it went away. The doctor gave me a gadget to wear that tracked it, my heartbeat would slow to 30 bpm at times and then race to catch up. No reason was found, but if it reoccurs I may need to see a cardiologist. I recommend letting your main doctor know.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-31-2022, 08:07 PM)contracostacpap Wrote: Have you ruled out palpitations/arrythmia? I had that for a few weeks and it went away. The doctor gave me a gadget to wear that tracked it, my heartbeat would slow to 30 bpm at times and then race to catch up. No reason was found, but if it reoccurs I may need to see a cardiologist. I recommend letting your main doctor know.

I have an appointment in a few weeks and will discuss with him. The tracker isn’t showing anything abnormal but I know it’s not a medical device!

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, I had a memory device, detector, and trigger button on one chest sticker.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-31-2022, 08:28 PM)contracostacpap Wrote: Yeah, I had a memory device, detector, and trigger button on one chest sticker.

Thank you for the advice. I’m glad to hear yours was short lived!
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I hope so, for most it's not a big worry but YMMV. Mainly annoying.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bumping this thread to see if anyone can help me figure out what's going on at these times.
Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is one from last night that woke me up and my heart rate was about 15+ higher than the nightly average.

Post Reply Post Reply
How is your bp?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with adjustments post open heart valve replacement SistineKid 2 99 04-20-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: SistineKid
  SleepHQ O2 Ring Alarm waking me up MurrayApnea 1 188 04-19-2024, 08:53 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Question Does abnormal breathing trigger an elevated heart rate? Or vice versa. G. Szabo 14 405 04-15-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Flow Limit and frequent waking issues Premier1991 3 235 04-15-2024, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Gross Waking up anxious Gailofiowa 3 134 04-09-2024, 08:10 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Question Any thoughts on why my heart rate increases when using CPAP? hejohoo 3 971 04-08-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: hejohoo
  Heart Failure with Sleep Apnea kwhenrykerr 2 233 04-02-2024, 07:48 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.