Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Waking up with rapid heartbeat
RE: Waking up with rapid heartbeat
I think looking at your data is a helpful step forward. What you did was to establish that there was no correlation between the minimum pressure and the onset of our tachycardia. So let's assume that it is unrelated, you will still be more comfortable with a higher minimum pressure, and since your average pressure is 10.7, then beginning somewhere between 7.5 and 8.5 means you will experience much more stable pressures through the night.

Your machine is increasing pressure in response to flow limitations, snores and volume reductions (hypopnea), which are precursors to obstructive apnea. You can avoid having these problems by helping your machine reach its therapeutic pressure sooner. Perhaps this will help with the tachycardia or it may be unrelated. Try it, and see how you feel. Good luck!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-09-2016, 09:12 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I think looking at your data is a helpful step forward. What you did was to establish that there was no correlation between the minimum pressure and the onset of our tachycardia. So let's assume that it is unrelated, you will still be more comfortable with a higher minimum pressure, and since your average pressure is 10.7, then beginning somewhere between 7.5 and 8.5 means you will experience much more stable pressures through the night.

Your machine is increasing pressure in response to flow limitations, snores and volume reductions (hypopnea), which are precursors to obstructive apnea. You can avoid having these problems by helping your machine reach its therapeutic pressure sooner. Perhaps this will help with the tachycardia or it may be unrelated. Try it, and see how you feel. Good luck!

So I went to the sleep clinic today and my range was changed to start at 7 and min pressure went from 4 to 8.4. Spot on SleepRider.
Post Reply Post Reply
"So I went to the sleep clinic today and my range was changed to start at 7 and min pressure went from 4 to 8.4. Spot on SleepRider. "

Asking questions, reading and following you guys is an education. Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow Limit and frequent waking issues Premier1991 3 182 04-15-2024, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Gross Waking up anxious Gailofiowa 3 108 04-09-2024, 08:10 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 320 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 386 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 208 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 451 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Waking up often Omenislost 3 313 03-01-2024, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.