Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: Resmed Climateline
CPAP Pressure: Auto Bilevel 18/9, PS 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Waking up with rapid heartbeat
I think looking at your data is a helpful step forward. What you did was to establish that there was no correlation between the minimum pressure and the onset of our tachycardia. So let's assume that it is unrelated, you will still be more comfortable with a higher minimum pressure, and since your average pressure is 10.7, then beginning somewhere between 7.5 and 8.5 means you will experience much more stable pressures through the night.

Your machine is increasing pressure in response to flow limitations, snores and volume reductions (hypopnea), which are precursors to obstructive apnea. You can avoid having these problems by helping your machine reach its therapeutic pressure sooner. Perhaps this will help with the tachycardia or it may be unrelated. Try it, and see how you feel. Good luck!

05-09-2016 09:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
MikeZZ Offline

Members

Machine: ResMed Airsense 10
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage FX Wide
Humidifier: ResMed Climateline
CPAP Pressure: 8.4 - 20
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

(05-09-2016 09:12 AM)Sleeprider Wrote:  I think looking at your data is a helpful step forward. What you did was to establish that there was no correlation between the minimum pressure and the onset of our tachycardia. So let's assume that it is unrelated, you will still be more comfortable with a higher minimum pressure, and since your average pressure is 10.7, then beginning somewhere between 7.5 and 8.5 means you will experience much more stable pressures through the night.

Your machine is increasing pressure in response to flow limitations, snores and volume reductions (hypopnea), which are precursors to obstructive apnea. You can avoid having these problems by helping your machine reach its therapeutic pressure sooner. Perhaps this will help with the tachycardia or it may be unrelated. Try it, and see how you feel. Good luck!

So I went to the sleep clinic today and my range was changed to start at 7 and min pressure went from 4 to 8.4. Spot on SleepRider.
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2016 05:29 PM by MikeZZ.)
05-09-2016 05:18 PM
kwhenrykerr Offline
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: DreamStation Auto, AirSense 10 Auto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Amara View
Humidifier: Philips, AirSense 10
CPAP Pressure: 12-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: 2L added oxygen with CMS50F to check usage

"So I went to the sleep clinic today and my range was changed to start at 7 and min pressure went from 4 to 8.4. Spot on SleepRider. "

Asking questions, reading and following you guys is an education. Thanks

Just my personal opinion. My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact. Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel. Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
05-10-2016 03:18 AM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Still waking up... can someone help? mcsheltie 13 432 12-01-2016 11:56 AM
Last Post: 49er
  Need help with waking up at 4am Judy1843 12 489 11-29-2016 05:36 PM
Last Post: Galactus
  Resp rate drop off before waking sclaire 8 448 09-11-2016 02:49 PM
Last Post: klv329
  Mask sounding like elephant calls and waking me all night mummer1962 3 342 07-20-2016 07:31 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  2 month into CPAP Treatment, AHI is low but waking up frequently and still tired mateobus 10 1,820 07-19-2016 11:46 PM
Last Post: chill
  [CPAP] Waking up in the middle of the night since cpap susilosaja 33 1,898 07-15-2016 10:39 PM
Last Post: susilosaja
  Resmed Autoset S10 awakens me with high pressure - won't ease off, even after waking marco7222 8 1,004 05-31-2016 12:44 AM
Last Post: marco7222