Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Waking up
Waking up
Good morning, all. I have been consistently using my CPAP since February; I think I missed one night due to the flu. Anyway, lately my AHI has been all over the map. Last night was .39  Smile  but just a couple of weeks ago it was 5.12 Unsure. And, I've started waking up at night again. Last night only once, but most nights it's 2-3 times. Plus, I have still never had a refreshing night's sleep. Maybe that part is just my age. Could someone take a look? I uploaded last night's Sleepyhead, and one from 7/11. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Waking up
MrsBrando,

how was your health on 7/11?  Cold, sinus issues?

Your current numbers are excellent which begs the question How do you feel? and you have kind of answered that with a query meaning could be better.

I do suggest that you follow the scarlet one's advice and cycle power on your machine to "bookmark" when the awakening occurred.

If you frequently get numbers similar to 7/11 I would think about going into Auto mode with narrow settings of 8.5 (your current pressure) to 10 and see if that helps.

OldFart, you may want to start a separate thread, just to keep things from getting confusing and your case separate from the OPs.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
I have put in a request to split oldfart59's and my response into its own thread.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The thread has been split and can be found here.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
No, I wasn't sick then. Most of my AHIs are 2s and 3s. I'm still exhausted all the time. I do shut off my machine each time I wake up, because I go to the bathroom. I'll try autoflex again.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-30-2017, 07:39 AM)MrsBrando Wrote: Good morning, all. I have been consistently using my CPAP since February; I think I missed one night due to the flu. Anyway, lately my AHI has been all over the map. Last night was .39  Smile  but just a couple of weeks ago it was 5.12 Unsure.

Not really. Anything under 5 is clinically equivalent.

Quote:And, I've started waking up at night again. Last night only once, but most nights it's 2-3 times. Plus, I have still never had a refreshing night's sleep. Maybe that part is just my age. Could someone take a look? I uploaded last night's Sleepyhead, and one from 7/11. Thanks!

I notice that on the night when your AHI was 5.12, it was dominated by hypopneas (that is, your hypopnea index was much higher than your obstructive apnea index or your clear-airway apnea index, the sum of the three being your AHI). This is an indication that you may need a slight bump in pressure. It looks like even though your machine is capable of auto-adjusting the pressure in response your needs, it is not set up to use that feature. You might want to put the machine in auto mode with a range of something like 6 to 9, instead of the fixed pressure setting of 7.5 (or is it 7?) that you currently have.

Waking up 2 or 3 times during the night is relatively normal. It happens to most people, I think.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
It was set originally for an autoflex range of 5-11. 8.5 constant seemed to be my sweet spot for a while. I'll try going back to the autoflex for a bit with a higher range.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Waking up 10+ times a night Valtor 4 78 1 hour ago
Last Post: Valtor
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 285 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 157 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 395 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Waking up often Omenislost 3 259 03-01-2024, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Anxiety dreams all night and waking up anxious Clementine39 1 191 02-23-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 306 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.