Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Want Data-Capable Machine / Scent
RE: Want Data-Capable Machine / Scent
Hang in there lac47. With the help of this forum's members I stood up to my DME and - FINALLY - got the machine I wanted. My new sleep doctor was instrumental in changing the Rx from a straight CPAP machine to an APAP machine after (it was suggested to me) I pointed out that with an APAP machine all of us (new sleep doctor and me) would have more "flexibility" in treatment should the straight CPAP not be the best choice.

Keep up the good work advocating for your very fine SELF. Whatever frustration you are going through right now is worth the benefit you'll get in the long run.

Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, MAPnea!! Glad to hear that perseverance can pay off! Company called back and said that they did not have the machine (said that they did yesterday?) and financially it "made no sense" to order one for me...wow, very customer-focused.

After two more rejects, I've found the machine and a hospital-run DME which sounds willing to help, so far. Once they get the sleep study info and the Rx, I think I'm good. Then I will tell the first company adios...with pleasure!! Smile

(ps~ The promising company's very helpful rep said they don't even rent machines without data capability and wondered why other companies do, so there's hope!)
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh that is good news! You will love being able to see just how the treatment is working for you! Good for you in keeping on them and your doctor's office with helping find a new DME for you! It's horrible to think your old DME's customers take them at face value and may have no clue if their treatment is helping or not.

Reading stories like yours I know I'm very lucky that my DME has been very helpful and gave me an excellent unit from the start. I was actually ready for the "fight" when I went in there. That's ok - I still felt prepared Smile
Sandy
Post Reply Post Reply
Just got the call -- approved for my new machine -- what an OUTSTANDING customer service department -- very kind & helpful, going beyond the extra mile to make numerous calls to insurance, doctors and me to make this happen. They never once mentioned the loss of insurance reimbursement & I was very straightforward about that. I'm so relieved and happy -- I'll have the new machine next week and hope it shows good progress with my therapy! I appreciate all of the encouragement - what a frustrating process.

Sandy, I'm happy that you have a great company to work with you! I'm glad I found one as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Way to go, lac47! Glad you got a machine that will help you determine whether your treatment is working!! It also sounds like you found a great DME - those are like excellent and honest auto mechanics: once you find one, never let them go!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Woo hoo! Congrats on the new machine!
Sandy
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-13-2014, 09:16 AM)lac47 Wrote: Just got the call -- approved for my new machine -- what an OUTSTANDING customer service department -- very kind & helpful, going beyond the extra mile to make numerous calls to insurance, doctors and me to make this happen. They never once mentioned the loss of insurance reimbursement & I was very straightforward about that. I'm so relieved and happy -- I'll have the new machine next week and hope it shows good progress with my therapy! I appreciate all of the encouragement - what a frustrating process.

Sandy, I'm happy that you have a great company to work with you! I'm glad I found one as well.
Hi lac47,
CONGRATULATIONS! on the new machine, good goin'.
I'm glad you have a good DME they are pretty rare these days, so hopefully they continue to be decent and that you can stay with them.
Good luck with the new machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Congratulations!

Which machine are you getting? Be sure you know how to verify you have the right model. You wouldn't be the first bait and switch victim.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, all!! I requested the CPAP REMstar Pro w C-flex DS460. Archangle, how do I actually verify this? Thank you for the tip!
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-18-2014, 12:23 PM)lac47 Wrote: Thanks, all!! I requested the CPAP REMstar Pro w C-flex DS460. Archangle, how do I actually verify this? Thank you for the tip!

On the top next to the display, it will say something like "REMstar Pro C-Flex+" The text might vary a little, but PRO is the key word.

Take the water tank out if attached so you don't spill any water into the machine. Then look for the label on the bottom or back of the blower unit for something like REF 460. It might say 461, or have "P" or "CA" somewhere, but 460 or 461 is the important bit.

If it says "Remstar PLUS...", run like hell. Note the "C-Flex+" is OK. it's when it says "REMstar Plus ...." that you need to run.

This appears to be a picture of the real thing. You can even read the text if you zoom in a bit.
[Image: ds460hs-l1_1__1.jpg]
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Erasing data on machine sleepingbetterinFl 8 228 03-11-2024, 03:03 PM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Feedback and Help on OSCAR Data, I am a new user of a CPAP machine and feel tired! fdm1990 3 537 11-29-2023, 01:39 AM
Last Post: fdm1990
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,204 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Any other option to download data from machine? BlueSky1958 2 441 07-02-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  Keep waking up while using CPAP machine, oscar data attached. bigmit2011 5 1,149 03-29-2023, 12:02 PM
Last Post: RNeil
  Help with OSCAR data and machine settings bethose 1 424 03-12-2023, 08:54 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Sending Machine Data to Someone Else? GrantT 5 647 02-17-2023, 09:21 PM
Last Post: GrantT

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.