Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Want to IMPROVE please respond
RE: Want to IMPROVE please respond
Thank you both... I'll wait for some more input from the experts. I hope they will chime in soon. Also when you say I only need the events? I just want to make sure you didn't mean the Statistics tap that I included in my first image. I do see an events tab but it has a lot of rows to expand. Unless you mean the stats under the pie chart only?  Please advise...

Also I look forward to the experts as well. Thanks in advance!
Post Reply Post Reply
The one screenshot from OSCAR that has the Event flag chart at the top is the one we'll need to see.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I hope I'm not making myself sound bad but in the future you just want the following?

If so, no problem, not sure how you can read the data from that alone but I'm a noob to this Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
The idea is that one of the three original uploads you posted was the one we need. It’s the one that has the Events graph going horizontally at the top, with various other graphs below it. The other two uploaded screenshots we don’t need.

The only things to change next time are the pie chart and calendar, plus I like Dave’s idea of turning off VS2. You can do that at the bottom right corner of the page.

I really like the fact that you go ahead and ask your questions—keep ‘em coming!
Post Reply Post Reply
Screenshots like this one, minus the stuff we mentioned to cut:

[attachment=21078]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello all sounds good. I also dig old time radio Dave Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m not one of the experts. These are trying times for a lot of people, so hopefully someone better than I will show up.

Generally, the suggestion is made to turn off the ramp, unless it is needed.

You have primarily central (clear airway) apneas and hypopneas, and flow limitations.

Central/clear airway apneas are caused when you just don’t take a breath. These can happen when a person firsts starts on CPAP. Your numbers are low, and not something to worry about right now.

Hypopneas and flow limitations are partial obstructions and usually treated with pressure support, which is the difference between EPAP and IPAP.

Until someone with a lot more knowledge comes along, I would probably turn off the ramp, increase minimum pressure to 7 and C-flex to 3 and see what happens.

Inspiration time to expiration time is usually not accurately tracked with CPAP machines, but your much longer inspiration is not that typical. I don’t know what to make of it, but it may be something to talk to possibly your doctor about. I don’t want raise a red flag on this.

John
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to AB.

The question is what form of Central Apnea do you have.  To help with this seeing a full, but with personal info redacted, copy of your diagnostic study, not just the summary will help.
 You also have RERAs and Flow Limits, and hypopneas which are best treated with pressure support which your machine is not capable of.  
We need to watch your Central Apneas to see what happens as we treat your obstructive events as what treats those may, depending on what type of  central apnea you have actually increase your central events (your machine cannot 'treat' central apnea, it can only avoid them.  

Treatment with your machine will be a balancing act between obstructive and central events. 

For now increase your min pressure to 7 and then reevaluate.  expect additional changes.
Post Reply Post Reply
While I'm waiting for a expert to reply. Had a question about my CPAP. I know it was mentioned that increasing the pressure may help. Do I still need to do this if the nurse told me the CPAP is set to variable and it will auto increase pressure if needed?

Please advise,
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
bonjour is the expert.

John
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 10 Respond Questions SheShells23 12 457 03-11-2024, 09:06 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Central apneas and tips to improve CPAP therapy jcp519 20 1,273 02-21-2024, 12:37 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 521 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Improve Respiratory Rate? MrIvanDrago 4 341 02-16-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Improve my CPAP Performance dpoelker 4 258 02-06-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  I'm new. Shouldn't my machine respond more BeautifulDay 15 755 12-19-2023, 06:38 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  New CPAP user here. Ready to learn. Please advise how I can improve! Sleepyman12 4 500 12-13-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.