Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Can CPAP Internal Software be Hacked? [by user]
RE: Can CPAP Internal Software be Hacked? [by user]
Sheepish.  I love the hoser ID card!  and I laughed out loud when I saw it!  awesome
Post Reply Post Reply
AutoStart works OK for me with a nasal pillows or nasal mask.  It does not work at all with the Simplus FFM, at least not for me.  I'd blame the mask, not the machine.  Yes, it is not as sensitive as Resmed machines, but it does work.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2018, 04:36 PM)InTouch28 Wrote: I'm 9 days into a new Respironics DreamStation Auto CPAP and the "Auto-Start" feature is garbage. I shouldn't have to exert excess inhalation for the machine to recognize I'm breathing, it should be natural and relaxed.  I certainly shouldn't have to do this 3, 5, 8+ times before it kicks in or I give up and turn it on manually - It should be on with one breath, two tops.

Yes, having tried the Dreamstation machine and many Resmed machines (A10 CPAP, Autoset, Autoset for her, S9 Autoset), the ResMed autostart functionality works much better, consistently with any type of masks and almost instantly. The Dreamstation one is closed to useless.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've used both a ResMed Airsense and a DreamStation. They have very different ways of auto-starting. Once I figured that out, it has gotten much easier for me.

The DreamStation requires 2 inhales (with an exhale between them) to turn on automatically. The ResMed requires 1 exhale to turn on automatically.

But that doesn't explain why it wouldn't have turned on automatically while you were sleeping. Unless... If you are using pillows or a nasal mask, and after you do your inhale you exhale out your mouth... then the mask doesn't register your exhale. (I've experienced that.)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 25 463 1 hour ago
Last Post: Old Steve
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,490 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,044 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,018 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,593 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 299 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  Long time CPAP user, first time here. Any insight is appreciated! TwoFistedWonderBrain 7 616 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.