Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Want to try nasal mask
Want to try nasal mask
I'm using the Airfit P10 nasal pillows. I have gone back and forth between pillow sizes and have settled on the medium, but when I awake I have a red nose that is somewhat sore, and I can see the fine lines on either side of my nose developing. My nose is being pushed up when I use the mask. Yeah, Piggy Nose, here I come.

I want to try a nasal mask, although with my claustrophobia, I'm not sure that I will be successful with it. What is a good recommendation for a nasal mask?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Want to try nasal mask
If I was going to consider a nasal mask again I'd look at the new Resmed Airfit N10.
Post Reply Post Reply
That is the problem I had with the P10. First pillows mask to ever cause a sore nose for me. It means you have it too tight. If the mask is leaving wrinkles like that, it is too tight. Try the Swift FX (basically the same mask but better headgear and no diffuser) or the Nuance.

There's a lot of nasal masks out there and they vary tremendously. Your best bet is to go to the DME and try a bunch of them on.

I could not tolerate them for several reasons but the main one was we could never stop the leaking at the eyes. So I switched to nasal pillows.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Paula. The headgear of the Swift FX is MUCH more adjustable than the P10. If you like the P10 except for it being too tight, try the Swift FX. The downside to the Swift FX is the vented air may drive your bedpartner to distraction - cold air blowing into her face tends to wake my wife.

Eventually, the P10 headgear will stretch and it won't be so bothersome. Some people have put the mask on a basketball for a few days and claim that the headgear has stretched to a more comfortable size.
Post Reply Post Reply
Without a doubt I would recommend the F&P Eson. A couple of friends switched to it on my recommendation and were happy as hell they did. Light and leaks minimal.
Post Reply Post Reply
The nuance pro is very adjustable and a very similar mask. I am just getting ready to try the p10 from the nuance pro.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using the P10 for about four months and had the sore nose at the beginning. I worked my way through it and all has been great, UNTIL, this past week and my sore nose has come back.
It is not a new pillow but I have adjusted the headband and made it tighter.
So listening to the answers here that is probably the reason why and I will loosen it up today.
My nose is very sore.
I have used the Swift FX in the past and was about to give that a try again but will adjust P10 headband first.
Thanks for the question and the answers.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
ugh -- tried the Airfit N10 and did not like it. My claustrophobia kicked in. Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the P10 and have a large head. Still the P10 fits loosely, and there is no pressure on my nose. I wear one strap nearly on my forehead and the other very low on the back of my head. I believe your trouble of course. I just wonder if there is a way to wear the straps so you don't have this issue. The P10 is so loosely placed against my nose that at times there are leaks, but very few and a little bit of adjusting makes them vanish. At the start I was worried my ahi would not be good wearing it so loose, but it's fine.
Before APAP: [Image: DARTH-VADER_zpsa57946df.png]

After APAP: See avatar: R2D2 for the win!

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle"
--Ian Maclaren

I don't snore! I just make creepy noises so the aliens know I'm not someone to be messed with.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been stretching out those P10 straps every night, and when I wash the whole mask and straps once a week, I work on stretching them while still wet. It helps. Still occ the straps can feel somewhat tight, but I just pull out on them as I'm wearing it, and it helps.
I simply have a Big Ol' Head. LOL I wear men's glasses, LOL. No, I'm not obese and not all that tall (5'8) but combined with my thick hair I just have a big head. I am hoping that the company can do something about making the straps adjustable. Even just some elastic or velcro would be helpful (which of course I could add myself).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 98 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 316 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,075 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,224 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 338 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 483 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  [Equipment] Nasal mask over full face if suspected UARS??)) Dashaman 6 392 01-22-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.