Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone Using Philips BiPAP AVAPS C Series Mod #1160P?
RE: Anyone Using Philips BiPAP AVAPS C Series Mod #1160P?
Vaughn;

Thank you for your reply.

From the old machine data printout:

90% of the time device EPAP pressure was <= 8.3 cm
90% of the time device pressure support was <= = 8.5 cm
average pressure support 5.0 cm

I had an overnite oximetry study on the old machine:

<90% 5.1%
<89% 2.3%
What do you think of these numbers?

At the present time the Dr seems to be chasing AHI. Your comments about SpO2 seem logical and the recording Pulse Oximiter also seems logical. I'm an engineer so I like to get data that I can see. I will bring this up with my Dr the next time I talk to him. I also hope jedimark64 can update SleepyHead to read my new machine data.

Thank you for your help.

Regards, Jim G.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Anyone Using Philips BiPAP AVAPS C Series Mod #1160P?
(08-04-2014, 01:31 PM)jjgereg Wrote: From the old machine data printout:

90% of the time device EPAP pressure was <= 8.3 cm
90% of the time device pressure support was <= = 8.5 cm
average pressure support 5.0 cm

I had an overnite oximetry study on the old machine:

<90% 5.1%
<89% 2.3%
What do you think of these numbers?

When considering lowering the amount of Pressure Support (in case the Min PS setting may be too high and causing the average SpO2 to be higher than 96%), I think it is the median SpO2 statistic (how high is the SpO2 at least half the time while using the new machine) which would be of greater interest, instead of how low the dips were going during apnea events on your old machine.

Your 90 percentile EPAP pressure was lower on your old machine than the EPAP setting on your new machine, so I think it seems unlikely that your present EPAP setting is too low and somehow is contributing to the occasional large increases in Pressure Support, but in the perhaps unlikely chance that somehow it is, perhaps it would be helpful to make sure you will never be rolling into the supine position, flat on your back, which is usually the position most likely to cause or make worse our obstructive events.

But what I think would be most likely to help would be to get the type of recording Pulse Oximeter which is comfortable enough to wear multiple nights a week, so you can monitor your SpO2, which may allow the target tidal volume to be safely lowered, leading to less PS being needed.
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 56 4,986 Yesterday, 02:51 PM
Last Post: btreger
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,706 Yesterday, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 10 1,222 04-17-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: freakyfrog
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,864 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,901 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 379 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 479 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.