Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

WarmHoney3650 (Therapy Thread) Questions
RE: NOT noticing improvement in CPAP therapy yet - What do I try next?
Hello!

It took you many months to develop your disorder to the point where it began to have a deleterious effect on you, and for you to seek help to the extent that they have diagnosed your condition....hopefully correctly.  You won't feels substantially better inside of some weeks, in all likelihood, and some ruefully report that they go months with no apparent improvement about how they feel after a night's rest.  But, if you have been correctly diagnosed, and it the treatment is appropriate, and if the machine's feedback each morning says you're being well handled by it, then you will simply have to lump the rest of it...sorry.  Trust the numbers to say that you're better off using the machine than abandoning it.

Without giving too much away, what can you tell us about your condition?  What were the numbers, what did your prescription say you have and what they say needs to be done as an intervention?  We can help with some improvement potentially, and maybe substantially with comfort and ease of use of the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
WarmHoney3650 (Therapy Thread) Questions
I've been suffering with fatigue for a while. I also have lots of unawakenings. Does the pic linked show anything? Possibly me waking up a lot?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
What caused the awakening? Does this look like a real central apnea?
see pic

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: WarmHoney3650 (Therapy Thread) Questions
WarmHoney,
I have merged a few of your recent threads.

Please keep all your questions here in this one thread instead of starting new threads for each question.

Thanks!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is it possible to have an arousal due to a flow limitation with virtually no recovery breath or change in breathing?
Post Reply Post Reply
Sure will do. 

Can someone help me here?
see attached pic. does this look like a RERA, or not?  Is the blue line an arousal breath?

Post Reply Post Reply
Your pressure is set to 6.4 fixed with EPR 3. Since your machine has a minimum pressure of 4.0, your pressure is 6.4/4.0 inhale/exhale) and your effect EPR is only 2.4 cm. If you want the full effect of the EPR, you will need to raise pressure to at least 7.0. Your charts show some low-level flow limitation remains, and the zoomed chart you just posted has increasing flow limitation ending in an arousal which by definition is a RERA. A slightly higher minimum pressure may help.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So is the blue arrow pointing to the arousal breath?

The issue is, I have lots of these but the machine doesn't report it as a hypopnea. The flow limitations do appear at the bottom, but why aren't they reporting these events that lead to arousals.

I will set my minimum pressure to 7, thanks. But anything above 9 causes my ears to pop (like in high altitude) lol

Can you check the other graph I posted showing possible central apnea?
Post Reply Post Reply
Nothing in that chart meets the machine's criteria for hypopnea which is a percentage reduction in respiratory airflow, and the machine is barely seeing flow limitation. We are visually interpreting the flatness of the inspiratory wave in that chart, and a change in respiration, which is presumed to be a recovery breath. Feel free to set your max pressure to a level you tolerate. I don't think you will see the max pressure once you stabilize the pressure and EPR.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, I changed my pressure to 8.4cm 
and my epr remained at 3
i turned off ramp too

I am still getting these RERAs

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 155 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,072 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 167 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,268 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,359 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 966 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.