Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Warning] F&P Icon+Auto - Humidifier Cover
[Warning] F&P Icon+Auto - Humidifier Cover
When refitting the cover after inserting the water pot, be sure to bear down of the humidifier lid Thinking-aboutas you turn it clockwise to lock it in place. If you don't, what happened to me can happen to you. As the picture shows, my cover was not installed correctly & although all seemed well when I turned out the light, it was not. At first icon produced expected flow and pressure, but during the night as pressure increase was required, Icon could not raise it because of the air bleeding off through the gap in the cover. As you might expect, I had a significant event that night
[Image: icon.jpg]
[Image: signature.png]Keep on breathin'
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [Warning] F&P Icon+Auto - Humidifier Cover
(06-29-2014, 08:48 PM)woozie38 Wrote: When refitting the cover after inserting the water pot, be sure to bear down of the humidifier lid
Some more hints to help Icon users:-

1. When re-filling the water container, first remove container from the Icon, then using a bottled water bottle (the one with a pull up valve in the cap) invert the bottle and squeeze until the level mark is reached. Eliminates spillage or over-filling. Close valve when finished and leave bottle on table by your bed (handy for drink for dry mouth during the night), & won't spill if knocked over.

2. Spray the USB stick with silicone lubricant (avoid spraying it on the contact end). When replacing the stick, this will allow it to pass through the rubber sealing grommet more easily & without damaging the grommet.

3. Before donning your mask each night, start & run the Icon for about 30 secs. to dispel stale air accumulated in the hose & humidifier chamber during the day.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just picked up a new Icon+ this morning. Thanks for the tips.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also - when inserting the USB stick back into machine, be careful to keep it straight. That is, parallel to the the base & parallel to the front face. Otherwise you may encounter resistance & possible damage to the grommet which surrounds the stick sealing it from leaks from the pressure chamber.
Post Reply Post Reply
How about warning everybody just to never buy this machine?

If you don't fully close the humidifier cover with the Resmed S9 or Airsense 10 you know immediately.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2015, 06:57 AM)lab rat Wrote: How about warning everybody just to never buy this machine?

If you don't fully close the humidifier cover with the Resmed S9 or Airsense 10 you know immediately.
Firstly, in my opinion the F&P Icon+ is a really good machine, It does everything it's is supposed to do, & does so very well. It is also robust & reliable - can't ask for much more.

Second: the Icon's humidifier cover is very strong and not apt to break off which can happen with some other machines. I have really poor eye sight so missed seeing the lid wasn't located properly but it's not likely to happen in the majority of cases. My warning is there for safety.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, the Icon seems to be a "sturdy" machine. I also manage to get the lid incorrect - the hissing alerted me. Now I take great care as I am worried about "snapping" the locators off.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 616 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 763 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 446 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 353 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
Sad F&P ICON auto is dead Letsgomom 19 14,313 01-09-2024, 10:46 PM
Last Post: capman911
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 584 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Extra Humidifier Water in Arid Climates DFWdude 19 2,160 12-13-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: car54

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.