Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Warning - Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset SD data management
Exclaimation 
Warning - Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset SD data management
I recently had an unexpected experience with my A10..  I wanted to see how the A10 would manage the SD card when it was nearly full.  Answer:  it REFORMATS the card!  I was used to the S9 series which erases any detailed data older than about a week.  I wanted to see how the A10 would behave.  So I wrote a large hidden file to the SD card to eat up most of the available space.  One night, before I went to sleep, it reformatted the card.  In the morning, the only data on the card was the last sleep session.  So I manually rebuilt the card and wrote another hidden file.  The next night, it didn't reformat the card before I slept, it waited till I shut down the machine, and reformatted the card then, wiping out the last night's detailed data.

Suggestion 1:  Especially if you are using a smaller SD card in your A10 unit, it is good to check the available space from time to time - if the card gets too full, the unit may decide to wipe the card, and you may lose data.

Suggestion 2:  It is a really good idea to keep a backup copy of your SD card on your computer, just in case.  For this purpose, I wrote a short script that I run daily, which updates a master copy of the SD card.  It is fast - takes about 1/2 a second to run, uses the rsync utility, and only copies what is added or changed.  If anyone is interested, I'll post the script.  I run on Linux, so the script would need to be adjusted for other platforms or file structures, but it's rather simple.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Warning - Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset SD data management
good scoop and that's a pretty cool backup solution you created. however, isn't the working oscar data folder on your computer (that accepts downloaded sd card data) itself a backup of the card? or am I missing something?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleepless,
Yes, the OSCAR software does it's own backup.  However, I used to run Resscan as well as Sleepyhead, and over the years I have found it useful to have backup copies of actual SD card images.  This allows me to import data to different software if desired.  Another thing, my old S9 used to randomly decide to format the SD card on startup, so I wanted to be able to rebuild the card.  Also, I have now joined the OSCAR Beta testers, so SD images are needed for isolated testing.  All in all, it makes me more comfortable to have these images.
A.Becker
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a 16 GB FlashAir Card in my ResMed S10. In the morning, I wirelessly download last night's Oscar data file to my MacBookPro in a subfolder within My Documents. Oscar knows where to find it for a quick import. 

I set up Google's "Backup and Sync" App to then automatically upload a copy of each new sleep data file to my GoogleDrive storage in the cloud. This quick file backup happens automatically in a few seconds in the background. Bit of overkill really, but fun to set up. 

I don't need to take the FlashAir SD Card out of the ResMed. I have an image file of the original FlashAir card as well as an additional backup 16 GB FlashAir card waiting in the wings in case of failure. LOL
Post Reply Post Reply
good point about the ability to get the data into resscan. haven't used it in a couple years but might need to for its reports one day. thanks for the explanation.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the backup script, written in bash.  I added some comments for clarity.  Feel free to adapt or use it however.

#!/bin/sh
#
# Script to update a hard drive master copy of the A10 SD card
#
usr="${LOGNAME}";                       # Main user
if [ -z "$usr" ]; then usr="alan"; fi   # Default the user variable

# Set path in case launched by cron;
export PATH="PATH=/home/$usr/bin:/home/$usr/.local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin";

# NOTE:  both the following MUST end with a "/" (filename separator) !!!
srcd="/media/$usr/0123-4567/";                      # Mounted location of SD card
dstd="/home/$usr/Documents/ARB/CPAP/Data/curr/";    # Master copy of SD card
xc2=99;

# Check if the SD card is mounted
if [ ! -d $srcd ]; then
  echo -e "SD card image not found - not mounted?";
  exit 9;
fi

# Update the master copy
rsync -a --exclude=\.space $srcd $dstd;  xc1=$?

# This step handles the Journal.dat file - rsync doesn't like that file
if [ $xc1 -eq 0 ]; then
  cp -p ${srcd}Journal.dat $dstd; xc2=$?
fi

# Report the exit codes
echo "rsync cpy:  xc: $xc1  $xc2";

exit;
A.Becker
Post Reply Post Reply
How do you check the capacity left in your SD card? Can't find it!
Post Reply Post Reply
For windows:

Insert card into PC
Find the Drive: mine is labelled R for Resmed:
[attachment=26493]

Right click, select Properties:

[attachment=26494]

For Mac:  no idea but must be similar.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 77 11 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,459 Yesterday, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
Question [Equipment] What Is Autoset (ResMed) 10 and Can It Be Disabled? Rickyricardo 2 69 Yesterday, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 138 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 26,998 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 136 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] ResMed Autoset 11 Settings Optimization anker9000 0 136 04-02-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: anker9000

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.