Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Warning
Warning
I have a ResMed S9 H5i Elite and have noticed that the "Faulty tube - replace tube warning" screen comes on when there is nothing, necessarily, wrong with the tube.

If I plug the tube in, for instance, to change settings and then remove it without having used the machine, this 'replace tube' warning screen comes on. The first time it happened, when I had only had the machine a few months and didn't know any better, off I rushed to the supplier for a new tube. The clinician said there were pinholes around the end of the tube but I couldn't see any; however, I did replace the tube ($100). Since then I have seen that warning screen any number of times and now know to ignore it.

Anyone who has only recently acquired such a machine and is new to this apnea world, I hope will take a very close look at any tube the machine wants replaced. This warning need not always be taken seriously and who wants to be throwing $100 bills around unnecessarily? . . . I don't suppose many of us do! ☺
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Warning
is it possible that there is a problem with your machine and it should be repaired or replaced? just throwing that out there to think about. YMMV

Post Reply Post Reply
Are we talking hose? Not sure because even the overpriced hose is $50, maybe a heated hose? Maybe it is not seeing the heater contacts on the hose, that would make more sense to me as to something it could detect. If it is air leak how does it know the difference between the hose, the hose on the mask and or mask leakage? Pinholes sounds made up to me. The mask vents are more than pinholes.
Good Luck!

Doc J (despite my nickname I am not a doctor)

Remember to donate to the board if you can, it has helped a lot of people including myself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2014, 12:22 PM)Maggie Wrote: I have a ResMed S9 H5i Elite and have noticed that the "Faulty tube - replace tube warning" screen comes on when there is nothing, necessarily, wrong with the tube.

If I plug the tube in, for instance, to change settings and then remove it without having used the machine, this 'replace tube' warning screen comes on. The first time it happened, when I had only had the machine a few months and didn't know any better, off I rushed to the supplier for a new tube. The clinician said there were pinholes around the end of the tube but I couldn't see any; however, I did replace the tube ($100). Since then I have seen that warning screen any number of times and now know to ignore it.

Anyone who has only recently acquired such a machine and is new to this apnea world, I hope will take a very close look at any tube the machine wants replaced. This warning need not always be taken seriously and who wants to be throwing $100 bills around unnecessarily? . . . I don't suppose many of us do! ☺
Q: What should I do if the S9 displays the message "Heated tube fault, replace tube"?
A: http://www.resmed.com/int/service_and_su...nc=dealers
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, zonk. A very useful site to know of. It is as I thought: no problem with either the heated tube or the machine - just computerized messages becoming confused because I had tinkered with the settings while it was plugged in. I had always done what the site recommends (after the initial $100 had passed out of my purse!) and unplugged the machine from the power and plugged it back in to make sure the message was gone. I hoped my little alert might save some newcomer from finding out the hard (expensive!) way what I had discovered. I find the CPAP world is one in which there is far more information that some poor sleep-deprived soul can take in all at once. Very much a learn-as-you-go situation . . .
Post Reply Post Reply
The faulty heated tube message used to be common when the S9 came out, hence the warning from ResMed

I had my heated hose replaced once and been told if happen again, they need to send the humidifier to ResMed for repair (something to do with the software) or replacement

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Warning - update
Time for an update.  Recently - that's about three years later - I had the same problem with my machine insisting I replace the tube.  I did the usual the first time - unplugged the machine and plugged it back in.  This time though, although the machine worked as usual, a couple of nights later the replace tube message came on again.  Did the trick again but this time I got my techie son who has more agile fingers than I do to have a look at it the next day.  He took a Q-tip and a drop of isopropyl alcohol and gently cleaned the contacts on the tube and on the machine and it's been fine ever since.

Sometimes the non-technical solutions work as well as they did in the horse-and-buggy days!
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome back Maggie, long time, no see.

Contact cleaner is a good way to restore connections. The heated Climateline tubes for Resmed S9 and S10 machines seem to be about $35 on Amazon, so another alternative to your $100 replacements. Welcome back.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much for the suggestion for finding cheaper tubes, Sleeprider.  I've been looking for a new supplier lately and have found one locally but the tubes with them are still pretty expensive.  If the tube does fail completely, I'll certainly try Amazon.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Maggie,
Your son was right, where there is contacts like that it is always best to make sure they are clean and not damaged.
Well done to him, give him a pat on the back.   Smile

Best to have a look around all these things before spending a lot of money.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 619 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  [CPAP] Can you get a warning about no SD card? jerrykur 8 627 08-06-2023, 09:11 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  WARNING to CPAP Users: PREPARE for the Unexpected - When the power goes out SuperSleeper 231 120,254 07-21-2023, 05:07 AM
Last Post: baffled
Angry WARNING - POSSIBLE RESMED KNOCK-OFF srlevine1 11 4,639 04-30-2022, 01:05 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  [Equipment] Warning: Malware found on Contec RS01 gnluna 14 1,784 01-25-2022, 06:46 AM
Last Post: selfcoacher
  [News] WARNING: AROMATHERAPY srlevine1 1 705 10-27-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [How to] WARNING: RESMED WATER CHAMBER MISTAKE srlevine1 3 3,496 04-13-2021, 04:47 AM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.