Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Was Nausea ever a problem?
Was Nausea ever a problem?
Just a quick question please. I am wondering if any of you ever suffered from, feeling nauseous before you started treatment?
This is a problem I have that my Doctor cannot find any reason for. It comes and goes, this terrible, I want to be sick feeling. Not every day, but most days.
Just thought I would ask.
Probably nothing to do with O.S.A.Thinking-about
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Was Nausea ever a problem?
Factors that have been linked with GERD, but not conclusively:
Obstructive sleep apnea[12][13]
Gallstones, which can impede the flow of bile into the Duodenum, which can affect the ability to neutralize gastric acid

Post Reply Post Reply
I would get some tests done on your general health, I had gallstones and was vomiting after each meal and in the middle of the night, when I got them taken out they found my gallbladder was so badly infected it was almost cancerous. I have noticed a lot of people with SA have gallstone problems. It could really be anything though, keep looking till you find the answer.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Gabby,
I didn't have that problem, but everyone is different.
Hope you find out what is causing your nausea.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2014, 09:28 PM)Gabby Wrote: Probably nothing to do with O.S.A.Thinking-about
See your doctor for general checkup. We cannot link everything to sleep apnea but worth noting that lack of sleep can make you grumpy and foggy. Sleep deprivation is a form of torture

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone for your help. I have been checked out and they can't find anything, just thought I would throw it out there.
Zonk could you tell me please how much you pay for a cushion for your mask? Do you get them sent from the U.S.? I just want to get an idea of the round about price, to see if I am in the ball park thanks.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2014, 05:32 AM)Gabby Wrote: Zonk could you tell me please how much you pay for a cushion for your mask? Do you get them sent from the U.S.?
Activa LT cushion US $29 - AU $32. Normally I get yearly supply to save on shipping cost especially now as the Aussie dollar has fallen against US dollar. Supplier #10 http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List. Supplier #2 also ship to Australia but they only sell compete masks. Both are very popular among Australian CPAP users, preferable to ebay sellers and local rip-off merchants

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2014, 12:24 PM)zonk Wrote:
(01-22-2014, 05:32 AM)Gabby Wrote: Zonk could you tell me please how much you pay for a cushion for your mask? Do you get them sent from the U.S.?
Activa LT cushion US $29 - AU $32. Normally I get yearly supply to save on shipping cost especially now as the Aussie dollar has fallen against US dollar. Supplier #10 http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List. Supplier #2 also ship to Australia but they only sell compete masks. Both are very popular among Australian CPAP users, preferable to ebay sellers and local rip-off merchants

for a $3 difference, I wouldn't order from the US. JMHO
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2014, 05:47 PM)me50 Wrote: for a $3 difference, I wouldn't order from the US. JMHO
FYI, the difference is the conversion rate ... $29 US = $32 AU

Post Reply Post Reply

[/quote]
FYI, the difference is the conversion rate ... $29 US = $32 AU
[/quote]

I thought so and that is why I thought it wouldn't be cost effective to buy in the US when you add the cost of shipping in.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,585 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,354 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,478 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 333 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 552 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  If nasal congestion is a problem, will this show in my AHI? canigetawitness1992 4 394 01-29-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: RNeil
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 232 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.