Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Was Nausea ever a problem?
RE: Was Nausea ever a problem?
(01-22-2014, 06:01 PM)me50 Wrote: I thought so and that is why I thought it wouldn't be cost effective to buy in the US when you add the cost of shipping in.
Rest assured its quite cost effective, the price in Australia is 3 times more
Thanks for looking after my money, are you a banker by trade Thinking-about

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2014, 06:15 PM)zonk Wrote:
(01-22-2014, 06:01 PM)me50 Wrote: I thought so and that is why I thought it wouldn't be cost effective to buy in the US when you add the cost of shipping in.

obviously your post is confusing. $29 US = $32 AU means to me that it costs $29 in the US and $32 in AU.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2014, 06:20 PM)me50 Wrote: obviously your post is confusing. $29 US = $32 AU means to be that it costs $29 in the US and $32 in AU.
Sorry for the confusion Coffee

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2014, 06:15 PM)zonk Wrote:

Thank you Zonk. It is ridiculous what we have to pay in our country for these products. Even taking in to account the ridiculous amount we have to spend on shipping and the exchange rate at the moment, we are still coming out way in front.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
Gabby, one of the questions I was asked when I was diagnosed was whether I had had acid reflux. Apparently it is a symptom of OSA. I didn't have it regularly. Moreso when I was undergoing chemotherapy. Some severe acid reflux has given me a nauseous feeling with a salty taste in my mouth though. As everyone has said, though, make sure there is nothing else going on.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Ima, I have never suffered from gastric reflux so not sure about that. I do know my Doctor has tested me for all sorts. He now just gives me tablets to ease the nausea and we don't talk about it any more. I suppose I suffer on an average three to four days a week. If it comes back really bad I will pursue it with him. At the moment I just live with it and take my meds. I just thought I would ask the question as a you never know your luck, like the urinating at night and the headaches. I am so looking forward to a reduction in those two disabilities when I start treatment, let alone the tiredness.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
It will make a big difference. Everyone is different on how long it takes. When you begin, be sure to give it time. I have thought how much more rested I feel just in the last few weeks. I have been at it for 2 months. But with celebrating some big holidays just after I began therapy, I was preoccupied and my work schedule was interrupted with time off. Now that I am back on a regular routine is when I have really thought about it and notice it. The end of nocturia for me was immediate. Hope you get your machine very soon. Good Luck to you with everything!
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2014, 11:01 PM)Gabby Wrote: It is ridiculous what we have to pay in our country for these products.
Masks and replacement stuff are very pricey in Australia which need replacement on regular basis. In comparing machine prices, the startling price difference is the difference between the price of fixed pressure machine and auto machine, $50 in US and $500 in Australia (approx)

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2014, 05:34 PM)zonk Wrote:
(01-22-2014, 11:01 PM)Gabby Wrote: It is ridiculous what we have to pay in our country for these products.
Masks and replacement stuff are very pricey in Australia which need replacement on regular basis. In comparing machine prices, the startling price difference is the difference between the price of fixed pressure machine and auto machine, $50 in US and $500 in Australia (approx)

I know Zonk, could someone in high places please explain these pricing differences to us? It stinks. They wonder why we are shopping more and more online and overseas.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2014, 09:44 AM)ImaSurvivor Wrote: It will make a big difference. Everyone is different on how long it takes. When you begin, be sure to give it time. I have thought how much more rested I feel just in the last few weeks. I have been at it for 2 months. But with celebrating some big holidays just after I began therapy, I was preoccupied and my work schedule was interrupted with time off. Now that I am back on a regular routine is when I have really thought about it and notice it. The end of nocturia for me was immediate. Hope you get your machine very soon. Good Luck to you with everything!

So glad you are feeling heaps better. It makes such a difference to our every day lives when we are not running on all cylinders. Sometimes we don't realise just how bad we were until we are well again and we look back and think my goodness gracious, did I really survive all those years feeling like that?
Anyway that's what I am hoping for!
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,557 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,322 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,456 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 328 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 549 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  If nasal congestion is a problem, will this show in my AHI? canigetawitness1992 4 388 01-29-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: RNeil
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 227 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.