Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Was my sleep study designed to 'fail'? diagnosed with mild CSA, but skeptical
RE: Was my sleep study designed to 'fail'? diagnosed with mild CSA, but skeptical
OK since Ramp isn't likely helping much, I'd consider turning it off especially since it's disturbing you.

I would also consider editing EPR to 2 and bring min pressure up to 6. Then EPR 2 would start you at 4.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Was my sleep study designed to 'fail'? diagnosed with mild CSA, but skeptical
Doctors don’t make money for saying that you are well. I am not saying that the medical industry is a scam, but they need to make money.

AHI 9 is mild. If you feel tired all the time, maybe you can start by improving your sleep hygiene - like doing more exercise, having a consistent sleep schedule etc.

CPAP is notoriously hard to get use to. And if you go down that path, you will need to stick with it for the rest of your life. Your choice.
Post Reply Post Reply
In addition to the settings recommended by Dave, let's limit the maximum pressure to 10. So the settings should be:
Mode: Autoset
Minimum Pressure 6.0
Maximum Pressure 10.0
EPR On Full Time
EPR Setting 2

It would be very helpful for you to download the free OSCAR program to get better details on your therapy and settings.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for recommendations, I still have not had luck falling asleep with the mask on.
It felt like I was suffocating as soon as I drifted off, and suddenly woke up.

Ignore the 2pm apneas, I was just testing it trying to get used to it again, but I do notice just while laying the machine records a lot of my normal breathing as apneas

oscar charts attached if it means anything, I went to bed around midnight and didnt really sleep, finally pulling the mask off at 2am where the pressure was pretty high, I have auto on/off set, not sure if that affects the 'max' pressure flow reading when I take it off

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You have left off the left column that gives a lot of information that we need to see.

Use F12 key for your screenshot. It formats it correct.

Also go to view - charts - select normal to get the correct charts. I AM NOT NEAR A COMPUTER to know the exact woofing but is under view.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
not sure how useful stats will be as it's mostly been just wearing it while awake

I dont have an o2 sensor now, but I did have a wellue one for a month, and my o2 stats never dropped below 90

Post Reply Post Reply
If OSCAR is on a Windows PC, pushing F12 will combine the previous charts with the left panel. Even if you're not sleeping, it can get you used to taking OSCAR shots. Maybe there's some clue why you're too disturbed to sleep. You're not able to sleep with but without PAP? Maybe a setting.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
on linux so it doesnt work right when I hit f12, cuts off half the screenshot

got another log from last night, took me 2 hours to fall asleep, then I felt like I was suffocating, woke up and ripped the mask off. I dont know what it was doing, not enough pressure? not on my face correctly?

zoomed in on the last 2 hours

Post Reply Post Reply
The primary issue found in the sleep study was central apnea. Along with central apnea the tech comments "At times waxing and waning of his respirations were noted" which is further supportive to a central apnea issue. Your OSCAR data also indicates central apnea which is further proof this is a central apnea issue.

The question is why is this important? The machine you are trialing (Resmed Autoset) is not capable of treating central apnea. You should approach your doctor about this obvious central apnea issue and ask him to trial a Resmed ASV instead (which is the machine capable of treating this issue).

If you need to, show him the following Resmed documentation. On page 29 it starts discussing central apnea and using ASV to treat.

https://document.resmed.com/en-us/docume...er_eng.pdf

Your sleep study wasn't designed to fail but one could argue the treatment tried so far is (although in rare cases CSA can be treated with simple CPAP).
Post Reply Post Reply
apparently this is all related to the almighty insurance company. and complete lack of available pap machines. I have a sleep study soon for a bipap, but I guess that's also not the right one?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 5 158 Yesterday, 07:24 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA PandaZA 87 1,365 04-13-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: PandaZA
Smile Questions for newly diagnosed Schernenk 25 710 04-09-2024, 09:13 PM
Last Post: Schernenk
  [Diagnosis] Second opinion on study is needed please Abdulfakih 17 358 04-04-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Do I not need a CPAP anymore? In-Lab Study Results brehski 6 209 04-03-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat ArcherNeedsSleep 68 6,260 04-02-2024, 04:13 PM
Last Post: ArcherNeedsSleep
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 381 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.