Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Was there a solution for “Check Power?”
RE: Was there a solution for “Check Power?”
I have. It still hasn’t fixed it. I’m now like 4 weeks without a cpap. Phillips isn’t servicing them because of the recall and who knows how much longer I have to wait to get my replacement. Any other ideas?
Post Reply Post Reply
Same happened with my DreamStation AutoSV. Damn cat stepped on the power strip power button and shut it off. Everytime i turn it on now it says..... CHECK POWER. Im using the OEM power supply it came with. Im in the same boat. CSP/OSP Complex Skeep Apnea. Sleep Doc said i could die without using my machine! Please help!
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-03-2022, 10:50 PM)LindanHotAir Wrote: The Check Power that was cured by properly plugging in the power cord is caused by an identification function in the cord connector. There are 3 contacts. There is a specific resistance value between two of them that identifies the capacity of the power supply. If it is not detected, or the value is out of the expected range, the machine assumes you may have connected the wrong power brick.  This is also used in a lot of laptop computers, so you don’t use the wrong power brick. It’s possible the same brick is used with many laptop computers such as HP or Dell.

Ugh, really Philips?  Really?  Is this that much of an issue with people?  This of course means that the battery backup I have, won't work on the DreamStation.  

So now I have to hack the power supply Philips?  Fine.
Time to cut the DC cord off and install some barrel plug connectors so that I can thus use the "official" plug with the 12vDC battery backup.  Sheesh.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,790 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 90 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
  [Diagnosis] Sleep Study and no solution? CChelios445 3 247 03-03-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How can I check if my ClimateAir actually heats up? NoddingHacker 1 174 02-06-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Airsence 10 Date Resets after Power Outrage Khayyam Qaiser 2 229 01-26-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Khayyam Qaiser
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,420 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.