Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Fastest way to get new ASV machine under urgent circumstances?
RE: Fastest way to get new ASV machine under urgent circumstances?
Thanks for your reply, Sleeprider. FYI, i was unable to log-in under my slightly different old name, so i had to sign up for a new account. (They system would not recognize my password, nor would it let me change my password. I ended up in a crazy loop, so i had to start over.)

Anyway, i did end up talking to someone who turned out to be a scammmer. He had a bunch of ASV machines, all with very low hours, or zero hours that were supposedly had new motors. He also offered to send me a brand new machine for $1500. He wanted me to fill out a credit card authorization. I said okay, but i wanted him to send me an email assuring me that the ASV would be new. He said he would, but then he ghosted me. Of course. I guess it was definitely too good to be true!
Post Reply Post Reply
Gee, and he didn't even offer to throw in the property from Colorado with the ocean-front view?

I bought my ASV from Supplier #2. At present, they list the ASV new at $3K and Refurbished at $2K. That's a fair bit more than I paid 4-1/2 years ago, but it is what it is.

When I called them, the lady I spoke with was very pleasant and extremely helpful. She said they would need my script to sell me an ASV machine. I knew that already. She gave me an email address over the phone, and I fired off a PDF to her immediately. To which she replied, "Oh, here it is. No problem. How would you like to pay for that?" She even threw in a 90˚ elbow (37394) for free and matched a ridiculously low price on a mask I had found elsewhere.

Second Wind CPAP often has lightly used ASV's (with warranty) but subject to stock on hand of course. I would call them and ask if they have any in stock and how many hours (usually 100-ish or less from what I have read on AB members reporting) are on the lightly used ones. They are very helpful, knowledgeable and fair as prices go.

Give them a call and let us know how it goes.

Coffee
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
Midge, which vendor did this? Want to know so I can warn others. You can DM me or post it here. No one should ever fill out credit information with an unknown vendor. Paying with a credit card you already own or PayPal is probably best when you cannot transact in person, and never use any form of cash payment like Venmo, gift cards or money transfer.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The vendor is bemes online. He was not  asking me to fill out an app for a new credit card - just an authorization to charge my card. Turns out he really did send me an email, but it went to my spam folder.  I don’t think I was going to get a new machine. Obviously. 

Now that i got a new ASV today Thru insurance (hallelujah!) I’m in less of a rush to get a  backup. Would it make sense for me try to just get the old one repaired and use that as a backup?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-03-2023, 04:44 PM)Midge 82 Wrote: .......... FYI, i was unable to log-in under my slightly different old name, so i had to sign up for a new account. (They system would not recognize my password, nor would it let me change my password. I ended up in a crazy loop, so i had to start over.)

Midge 82,
Your two user accounts have been merged.  See the PM I sent you for an explanation.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on the new machine. Bemesonline seems to be a legitimate broker of used refurbished machines in New Jersey, so the authorization is probably not a big concern. Their prices seem reasonable, but they don't disclose the hours on the machines they are selling.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider, if you ask them the hours on the machine, which I did with the chat function on their website, and then on the phone, All of their machines have between 0 and 12 hours. I asked them how that could be true - like if they thought that whoever sold the machines to them had the capacity to turn the hours back. They said that only about five companies in the country can do that, and that they (Bemis) are one of the ones who can do that. So draw your own conclusions. The thing that made me uncomfortable was that they offered me a supposedly NEW machine for a low price, which I wanted to buy. But I asked them to send me an email guaranteeing that it was new. They did not.

Thank you StratCat 48. I did try changing the filter. I'm glad it worked for you! 

Best,
midge
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,541 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  [Treatment] Resmed Aircurve 11 V-Auto URGENT HELP Keesh23 10 264 04-06-2024, 08:23 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Urgent Mask Leak Help Zaiforce 4 572 12-14-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [Symptoms] urgent help needed: "Flutter" on falling asleep (on PAP or otherwise) ewriter 21 1,877 09-07-2023, 02:57 PM
Last Post: ewriter
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,872 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,346 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Urgent! Why is my CPAP therapy causing weird stomach pains, bloating, gas and IBS? WWu777 21 4,984 12-07-2020, 12:12 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.