Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Washable H5i - Isn't
Thumbsdown 
Washable H5i - Isn't
Just took my new washable H5i humidifier out of the box to rinse before installing it. Top comes off fairly easy but that is the only thing that comes off. There is an intermediate piece that you can not remove without a special tool. Annoyed-and-disappointed

Not sure what is supposed to make this any easier to clean than the original reservoir. I was expecting the unit to break down into three pieces that would allow me to thoroughly the clean all the parts.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Washable H5i - Isn't
Looked around for you.

Notes on a commercial site:

Quote:1. Slide the latch.
2. Lift open the flip lid.
3. Remove the water tub.
4. Discard any excess water from the water tub.
5. Unclip all four side latches.
6. Pull apart the tub lid, plate and base.
7. Remove the maximum water level mark from the plate by pinching and pushing out the locks.
8. Locate the air outlet on the back of your H5i.
9. Remove outlet clip by pulling apart the clip ends & sliding it off.
10. Remove air outlet by pushing it through to the inside of the H5i
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Paula. The thing did not come with instructions and just looking at it is not enlightening.

BTW who moved this thread to the main forum; I put it in Product reviews. Huhsign
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-01-2012, 09:27 PM)bobg1946 Wrote: BTW who moved this thread to the main forum; I put it in Product reviews. Huhsign

That was me, Bob... was it intended as a Product Review? I didn't see any "review stars" so I thought it was basic info about the washable humidifier reservoir and that you mistakenly posted it in the Product Reviews section. Was it intended to be a review?

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Nah, just couldn't figure out where else to put it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you get it open? Apart? Whatever?
Post Reply Post Reply
Once I understood the procedure the reservoir easily came apart into three pieces - I didn't see any need to remove the maximum water level marker. Not sure that the price tag is really worth it for the unit, but at least I can now keep it clean. Thanks again, Paula.
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad I could help!

I still can't believe my DME didn't know they made a take-apart one. I may still get one on my own. I really really don't like not being able to clean it right. And I hate that yellow depth marker thing. Useless.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just washed mine on this Easter Sunday
It comes apart in three pieces, recall Steven did mention that the new ones comes apart in two pieces.
Also washed the hose, mask, downloaded data and changed the filter and after all that hard work time for hot cross bun and coffee
Happy Easter everyone....Drive safely during the holidays, it,s double demerits points here and probably jail if caught drink driving
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't recall if I posted this You Tube video on this forum before or not but the standard supposedly sealed Resmed H5i water tank can be taken apart fairly easily for cleaning. I've done it probably 6 to 8 times already and it's relatively easy to do...and saves money versus buying the washable tank.

We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.