Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Periodic breathing in sleepyhead
Periodic breathing in sleepyhead
Hi again,

I have noticed over a couple of months of cpap use, 2 or 3 nigths with mild periodic breathing, 2%. Is it the same thing as Cheyne-Stokes? If so why isn't there any report of Cheyne-Stokes in my CPAP menu?

IS there a way to show this to my doctor in encore ?
Is it important i report this? I heave no heart problems and from my understanding it can be just related to apneas. Since its very mild should i be worried ?

Thank you,

Ghandi
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Periodic breathing in sleepyhead
(08-19-2014, 08:03 AM)Ghandi Wrote: Hi again,

(1)I have noticed over a couple of months of cpap use, 2 or 3 nigths with mild periodic breathing, 2%. Is it the same thing as Cheyne-Stokes? If so why isn't there any report of Cheyne-Stokes in my CPAP menu?

(2)IS there a way to show this to my doctor in encore ?
(3)Is it important i report this? I heave no heart problems and from my understanding it can be just related to apneas. (4)Since its very mild should i be worried ?

Thank you,

Ghandi

1. Look up Cheyne Stokes at Wikipedia. There's a graph that shows the flow pattern for C-S. Does yours look like it?

2. You can print graphs with Encore can you not?

3. Yes, if it concerns you.

4. I wouldn't be worried. Find out what it is and treat it.
Many people live with CS.

Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Periodic breathing in sleepyhead
Thanks Airman Mongo,

1 It does look like it.

2 I can only see the last day details with encore. Or the previous imported days. When i click on the details i cant go back in time if i did't import the data on that days. Even if i import all of the card. I still could ask the dme to print it out.

I'm looking into this sir. Trying to bypass the DME.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 26 580 23 minutes ago
Last Post: Jorgo
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 126 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 140 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 485 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  Nasal Breathing / Septoplasty questions Ptee8899 7 352 02-13-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 3 213 02-11-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Implications of Expiratory mouth breathing? SingleH 9 481 02-09-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.