Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Washing head straps
RE: Washing head straps
(12-11-2014, 08:14 PM)Timotheus Wrote: I use a Philips Respironics machine. My first head strap became very sticky after I washed it twice following the manufacturer suggestions with dish detergent and water. Then it folded over on itself and I could not get the fold undone as it seemed to glue itself together. So I called my supplier and they sent me a new one (had to send the old one back). This one I washed once and I saw it was going to do the same thing as the first one. So I stopped washing it.

Has anyone else had the same problem? Am I doing something wrong? Any solutions?

Thanks!Sleep-well

Thanks to everyone for the information!
Post Reply Post Reply
Real men throw the head gear away and use barbed wire LOL. I aint one of em though LOL
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sure about barbed wire, but duct tape keeps the world together. I hear it's also guaranteed to keep your headgear in place in gale force winds. Good luck Timotheus and let us know if that cute kitty needs any more help.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
I quit washing headgear. That kills them faster than anything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Back when I washed them, I used luke warm water (just warm enough to be comfortable on my hands - not cold to them), and a drop or two of dish soap, but I only did this every six months or so. In a year stretch goes away and they begin fraying from use, not washing.

New straps are cheap, so I'm inclined to change them rather than wash them. At the point I need to adjust a strap, I know its time to order a replacement.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-12-2014, 02:43 AM)Ghost1958 Wrote: Real men throw the head gear away and use barbed wire LOL. I aint one of em though LOL

Using barbed wire now. Doesn't hurt a bit! Hee hee.

(12-12-2014, 11:24 AM)Galactus Wrote: I'm not sure about barbed wire, but duct tape keeps the world together. I hear it's also guaranteed to keep your headgear in place in gale force winds. Good luck Timotheus and let us know if that cute kitty needs any more help.

That cute kitty is Edward, 16 years old and 18 pounds. Nobody messes with him. Wonderful guy!

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 257 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 4 412 01-20-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  P10 straps slipping acordeon 1 301 01-17-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Top of the head tubing connection problems GaspForAir 2 462 09-05-2023, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Elevated head of bed increases CA and AHI silverdr 1 678 09-05-2023, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  [Treatment] I have TMJ Syndrome and mask straps can aggravate it. KStanLD 7 1,032 07-14-2023, 02:02 PM
Last Post: Uphold9887
  DIY idea to stop itching and rash back of head? okieman 15 11,055 05-16-2023, 02:55 PM
Last Post: Xltrod

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.