Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

WatchPAT One Results, UARS?
WatchPAT One Results, UARS?
Hi,

I recently completed a home sleep study using a WatchPAT One, the summary is attached.  My doctor basically said that because the AHI was < 5 there was nothing to be done even though I have multiple "respiratory arousals", and that it could be caused by acid reflux (which I do suffer from, and I'm working with a gastroenterologist on treating).  It's still not clear to me whether my poor sleep is caused by reflux, the reflux is caused by poor sleep, or some combination.  I am waking up 10+ times a night and usually wake up feeling more tired than I was when I went to sleep.

I've done all the "reflux stuff" that I can short of surgery (PPIs, elevated bed, changed diet, no food 3 hrs before sleep, etc.)  Now I'd like to try treating the sleep side of the equation on my own.  After spending some time reading this and similar forums, I think I might be suffering from UARS.  The RDI from the sleep test is 9.3.

I tried using a SnoreRX mouth appliance but I couldn't stand it after a week, and it didn't seem to help at all.  I'm considering giving a CPAP/BiPAP a shot next and am looking for some guidance.  From what I'm reading, it sounds like the gold standard for UARS is the AirCurve 10 Vauto.  Is that accurate?  Should I just go ahead and buy one and see what happens?  I assume if it doesn't work for me, I can sell it to Supplier #2 to recoup some of the cost.

I've already got OSCAR installed (used it with my pulse oximeter) so I'm ready to start working on finding the right settings/etc.

I would really appreciate it if someone could take a look at my sleep study results and let me know if I'm on the right track here.  Thanks so much!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: WatchPAT One Results, UARS?
Resmed AirCurve 10 VAuto is the Gold Standard for UARS and is the best device for OSA, though most can very successfully use an APAP such as the ResMed AutoSet.

I would find a good clean low hour VAuto. You should be able to sell it for very close to what you paid so very low risk.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!  I'll report back here once I am set up.

Any thoughts on my sleep test results, do you agree that UARS is a possibility?
Post Reply Post Reply
UARS is not definite but is a p[ossibility
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 20 956 11 hours ago
Last Post: SingleH
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 167 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 0 66 Yesterday, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Humancyclone7
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New BiPAP user with UARS(?) tk2234 23 624 03-24-2024, 08:11 PM
Last Post: tk2234
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 197 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.