Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI
AHI
As I write this I am the newest member of this forum.
So "Hello" to all.

I have just switched to a S9 VPAP Auto after 5 years on an M Series CPAP and have my first question.
Is there a way to keep the AHI on the machine screen. Either just last nights or average so far ? Or is there a place to find it in the setup mode?
I look when I get up and then when I look again later to see what I have forgotten it is at 0.
I did download the manual and found out how to get into the setup so I could enable the smartstart which for some reason they didn't think I needed. (And at the same time found out you could not have leak alert at the same time as my old M Series had.)

Thank You

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI
Hi FLSTFI, First, Welcome! to the forum.! I'm unable to answer your question but I'm sure someone will be along shortly to help you so just keep checkin' back in. Best of luck with your new machine and continued success with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey FLSTFI Welcome

I'm a Respironics type, but Resmed folks are the majority here so I'm sure someone will be by presently who can answer your question! Good luck!
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
I don,t use your machine but my S9 don,t have leak alert as the M series but it display 95p leak and efficacy data including AHI on the screen but need to be unlocked in the clinical menu by setting the "Sleep Quality" to ON (Not usage).
On the standard sleep quality report, you need check the data before noon and after noon it reset to 0
but you can do so at the advanced info menu and view by day, week, month ...
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome, FLSTFI. Like you, I, too, came to my ResMed machine following five years using a Respironics M Series (non-data or "brick"). About your S9, I have read that the S9s reset their displayed data at noon daily, which would explain why your AHI numbers are being lost. However, your S9 is actually keeping all the data collected by storing it on the SD card that is located just above the filter cover on the back of the machine. Using one or the other of two software packages available for download here on this board, you will be able to see summary reports of your AHI as well as other collected data plus detailed, hour-by-hour data of each night you desire to examine. Both SleepyHead and ResScan software can do this, and there is no charge for these downloads. I hope this helps fill in a couple blanks for you.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.