Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Watchpat data different then my CPAP machine
Watchpat data different then my CPAP machine
I’m new to the group. I am a 53 year old male, 5 8 and about 200 pounds.  I take lot of high blood pressure medication.  I also have moderate right side heart failure,   I have been using CPAP since 8/19.  I have a ResMed aírsense 10 set with initial pressure of 6 min and 12 max.  On the myAir app I usually hit 100 With my ahi is usually under 1.  I thought I was good.  I switched to a new Sleep dr recently. My original sleep study I had ahi of 8 and the dr wanted me to take a new sleep study with the watchpat device.  I did and I also wore my CPAP.  The Sleep study came back with an ahi of 6 but during rem my ahi was almost 13.  Also my o2 level went under 90 foR almost 10 minutes.  Also new term for me Was rera which was quite high which I assume was not allowing me to get Into deep sleep.  The. Dr wants me to come in for a titration but due to COVID  I have to wait until they reopen.

My insurance is not good so I am wondering if I need to pay for titration.  I downloaded sleepyhead a couple of days ago.  I have been lurking on these boards and went in a changed my settings whereby min pressure is now 7 instead of 6 and epr is on 3 but only on ramp.  Last night was my first night sleeping with new settings and my machine said I had an ahi of 0 and my o2 never went below 92.  I know this Is only one night but still excited.  My questions are:

1:  why did my machine give such a different result then the sleep study?  The night I took my sleep study my machine counted .9 ahi and the sleep study came back at 6.
2:  does anyone think I need a titration?  My first study was also an in home study so I never went to a clinic.  Maybe I have another disorder besides sleep apnea.  My ahi was only 8 On my initial sleep study but I somehow developed right side failure.
3:  in sleepyhead I do not believe reras are counted.  Are these something I should worry about?  Are these not allowing me to get into rem sleep? 

I Appreciate the help in advance
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Watchpat data different then my CPAP machine
Do I understand correctly that you used your Cpap along with and at the same time as the Watchpat device?

The Cpap would show as a "treated" result, whereas the Watchpat device should be worn alone and would show as "untreated" apnea.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Watchpat data different then my CPAP machine
Yes, I had the CPAP device on.  Also, just something I forget to tell you is that I had severe o2 levels with my initial test.  They sent me to get my lung function tested and it came back all good.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night CPAP + OSCAR data Ostrich 1 34 57 minutes ago
Last Post: Ostrich
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 95 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 312 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 634 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 203 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 149 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,749 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.