Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Water in Hose and Mask
Water in Hose and Mask
Here in the last few nights I have waken up to notice that I have water in my mask. Since I purchased my machine it has been set to Climate Control Auto and I have not had any problems till the last few nights. Was wondering if I need to just set it to manual control or may something else be causing it?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Water in Hose and Mask
How is your machine oriented? Do you use a hose hanger / holder? My machine sits on a bedside stand, and the hose then runs up to a hose hanger that is mounted on top of our bed's headboard. 

The hose then runs back to to my mask. Literally impossible for me to experience rain out this way. 

Using a hose hanger was the single best thing I did to improve the overall comfort of CPAP therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am using the Resmed heated hose and run it from the machine that is on a bedside table to just above my headboard through an elastic headband down to my mask. I have done this to just after getting my new machine 3 weeks ago with no problems. Something has changed in the last few nights. There has been no difference in temperature or humidity in  the house.
Post Reply Post Reply
The fix for me was a combination of hose fleece and positioning my Autoset LOWER than my head. I have humidity ramped up (to the point where I only just get a whole night out of a slightly overfilled tank) and still get away without rain-out 99% of the time.

I am a mouth breather using a FF mask and can rarely breathe through my nose (sinus probs), so dry mouth is a pain.

In winter (I am in Queensland Australia, where winter room temps would be down to 9C at the lowest) I endeavour to have as much of the hose as possible under the covers with me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Make sure your tubing rises from the machine before dropping back to your mask and your breathing level. That will ensure any water in the tube drains back to the machine rather than waterboards you. Having the machine lower than your head is the best solution. Mine is in a drawer with the tube and power routed out of a hole in the back.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I switched the machine to manual control for last night with temperature set to 72 degrees and humidity set to 4 and still got rainout. When I took my mask off this morning water dripped on my shirt. The machine is lower than my head and the hose leaves the machine and goes straight up to above my headboard and then down to my mask. It seems impossible that much water could travel straight up like that. Any other things I could check?
Post Reply Post Reply
Your tube temperature needs to be at 80-82 with a setting of 4.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Back when I was using my Resmed S9 I thought I read that tube temp should be about the same as the temperature in your house.
Post Reply Post Reply
The tube temp on my machine is always turned off.  Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-31-2021, 06:26 PM)Big Guy Wrote: The tube temp on my machine is always turned off.  Eat-popcorn

You live in Arizona!  It's a desert.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 91 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 84 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,802 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,372 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 181 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
Question Hose volume Willw 4 232 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  Cannot get water chamber flush with machine, making awful sound like a vacuum kc90 2 209 02-07-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: kc90

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.