Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Water in Tube
Question 
Water in Tube
Hi everyone. So last night I was in a deep sleep and was awoken by my mask not letting me breathe air in or out, it was kind of like sputtering when I tried to. Needless to say I was in a daze and wasn't really sure what was happening. Finally I figured out that there was water in my tube, so I took off my mask and hung it upside down to get the water out (there was surprisingly quite a bit). I have the humidity of the heated tube set at 73 degrees and the humidity of the machine itself set to a 5. Now I am not sure if this will happen again, I just wanted to check with everyone to see if they had have this happen to them and if there was anything I could possibly do to prevent it. Thanks in advance!
Kyle
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Water in Tube
There are many threads about rainout with this setup - even with the heated hose, rainout can occur. I keep my humidity at 5 but hose temp at 86 deg. If you increase your humidity higher than the Auto setting (4), you also generally need to increase your hose temp higher than its Auto setting (81 deg).

I also have a heavy fleece hose cover for my ClimateLine hose, and a fleece cozy for the short mask hose. These help insulate the hose and prevent rainout with the higher humidity setting.

Also, you can just stay with the Auto setting for both humidity and hose temp, and probably never get rainout, but I find it's too dry for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
I haven't (yet) but have read others say they place the unit on the floor to let the water run back down into the tank when that happens. Did you say you have a heated air hose like the ResMed Climate Hose? You can also get a cozy to cover the hose and help.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2016, 02:46 PM)letsgobuffalo12 Wrote: Hi everyone. So last night I was in a deep sleep and was awoken by my mask not letting me breathe air in or out, it was kind of like sputtering when I tried to. Needless to say I was in a daze and wasn't really sure what was happening. Finally I figured out that there was water in my tube, so I took off my mask and hung it upside down to get the water out (there was surprisingly quite a bit). I have the humidity of the heated tube set at 73 degrees and the humidity of the machine itself set to a 5. Now I am not sure if this will happen again, I just wanted to check with everyone to see if they had have this happen to them and if there was anything I could possibly do to prevent it. Thanks in advance!
Kyle

next time, lift the hose and let the water run back to the humidifier.

put the cpap lower than the bed so it's the lowest place on the hose. you'll never have a problem again.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi letsgobuffalo12,
I use a hose cover on my hose and that helps take care of the water in the hose, (rainout). If you don’t want to buy one, you can take some old socks, cut out the toes and sew them together, making a tube the length of your hose. Put a rubberband on each end, holding the sock tube in place.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2016, 02:46 PM)letsgobuffalo12 Wrote: I have the humidity of the heated tube set at 73 degrees and the humidity of the machine itself set to a 5.
Kyle
You've the climate control set on "Manual", I've it set on "Auto" and that eliminate rainout (water in the tube)
Post Reply Post Reply
Try to not let your hose (dips)ever get lower then your CPAP machine. That should take care of any condensation collecting in the hose that will either stop it up or make a gurgling sound.
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 109 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 96 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,815 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,376 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 226 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 184 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.