Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Water in tubing???
RE: Water in tubing???
Your current night stand is fine. Either get a hose hanger or a 3M removable hook. You would mount the hook above your head while you're in bed and suspend the hose with a bungee style cord or a retractable key ring.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I struggled for years with rainout.  It was noisy and bothersome.  I frequently woke up to guide water back into the humidifier.  I felt like I needed to clean the hose and mask every day.  Moisture is a good environment for the growth of molds and all kinds of stuff. 

I got a heated hose.  I turned my humidifier down as far as I could without perceiving a noticeable difference.  I positioned my machine on a lower table below the bedside table.  When I travel, I put it inside one of the bedside drawers.  I have zero moisture collect in in the mask, tube, or inside the machine near the humidifier.   Every morning I remove the water tank, and that is it.  My machine stays dry, and I dont have to dry it off every day.  I am sleeping much better without having to bother with rainout.  Everyone's experience is different, but this certainly helped me solve my problems with rainout.
Post Reply Post Reply
As Crimson Nape suggested, I use a lanyard on a hook above the headboard to hang my tube above the CPAP machine. That lets any water drain back to the humidity chamber. No need to greatly modify your setup as long as the hose rises from the machine before dropping back.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Pictures..... worth a 1000 words Smile 

The hanger also helps when you roll around by keeping the hose suspended overhead and out of the way. Best accessory I've ever bought for CPAP.

[Image: mOO57lh.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the great ideas. I'll let you know how it goes tonight. I put a lower table beside the bed and I've hung the hose over a reading light attached to the wall. I have already started removing the water container and hose daily and letting them dry. I live in New Mexico so it is dry. I'm adjusting the humidity as I figure things outI 'll report back tomorrow..

Thanks, I'll get a hanger. Right now the tubing is hanging off a reading light attached to the wall. Picture coming tomorrow along with report.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Everyone. I am grateful to report that I had my first good night's sleep in months? years? I followed your instructions about positioning the hose and the results were glorious! I slept so well that the mask itself didn't bother me. Up once to drain the hose a little when I heard the air popping. It was a tiny amount. Had the mask on all night (8 plus hours). Slept s little over 6 (have an Oura ring that also monitors length, quality, patterns of sleep. It picks up the apnea.) So much technology! What I don't like about the ResMed 10 is that the water reservoir is very hard to remove and often in the process of tugging, I accidentally push the start button. I was also able to move around a little with the hose suspended. Actually looking forward to using the machine tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sheela, there is a trick to the humidifier chamber.  It is retained in the Aircurve 10 housing by two triangular projections on the top of the plastic that fit into two holes in the top of the housing.  You can feel those two small holes in the top of the housing and see the projections on the top of the chamber.  The trick to removing it is to press down as you pull.  If you pull up and out  you have to fight this locking mechanism.  Press down with your thumb on that silicone with the "tread" on top of the lid as you pull the chamber out of the machine.

[Image: 41entCU2PPL._AC_US1000_.jpg]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I just tried your instructions and the in/out process is much smoother. Yea!
Post Reply Post Reply
The next problem is I woke up congested this morning (not sick, not normal) and had to blow my nose for 15 minutes (clear discharge). Humidity on 7.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried a lower humidity setting?  Experiment, turn it down a little at a time.  
Since you're at a setting of 7, try 6 for a few days.  If still congested, turn it down to 5 until you find what works for you.

If you want to make life easier, use the Climate Control Auto Mode instead of the Manual mode.  

From the Clinicians Manual:

Climate Control Auto is the recommended and default setting. Climate Control Auto is designed to make therapy as easy as possible, so there is no need to change the temperature or humidity settings.
Climate Control adjusts the humidifier output to maintain a constant, comfortable humidity level of 85% relative humidity while protecting against rainout (water droplets in the air tubing and mask).

Order the manual here:
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  drying out tubing with machine sleepingbetterinFl 2 195 04-15-2024, 04:49 PM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  CSpring Water Tank PAPAstro 8 2,079 04-12-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: dean406
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 148 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 187 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,921 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,503 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 207 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.