Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Does anybody use So Clean2?
RE: Does anybody use So Clean2?
For our purposes the difference between sterilization and santization is only academic and I shouldn't have mentioned it. It's just my compulsive nature Wink 

The caution on using sanitizer properly wasn't just for you but anyone reading the thread. I've seen too many people, even professionals, use these materials improperly.

As for the need, we get respiratory pathogens from other people and not from the air in our bedrooms and they don't appear by spontaneous generation in our CPAP equipment. Also, they will not grow in our CPA equipment.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't clean it. Many normally non-pathogenic  organisms may be potentially pathogens if inhaled in really large numbers.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
So clean? I guess I settle for Sorta Clean.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
Is alright, there is a lot to be said for precision.

I think this is an area where all of us worry way too much.
Any germs on the mask are something you already brought in, kind of like how your cellphone may be crawling with bacteria but they are yours to begin with.

Naturally I still believe in normal cleaning but I have seen nothing to convince me that hospital grade disinfection is required at home.
(For most people, I know there are always the exceptions.)

That silly gadget is like 300 bucks, plus you have to buy other consumables and power it.
I think for that money you would be best buying yourself a good backup machine on a good sale for when your current one fails.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all your help. I will not be buying it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Now maybe someone could work up something like a mini washing machine where it filled up, little soapee little shakee, then rinsed and heated it up like a dishwasher to dry ...
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.