Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Water
RE: Water
I live in a large city in the USA with a large municipal water system. I use distilled water in my machine. It costs me a negligible $2 per month.
Post Reply Post Reply
The problem with using tap water is mostly a legal one. Since the instructions to the device say to use distilled water only you have the potential for the manufacturer to say you misused the product in the defense of a warranty or product liability claim you might make if your machine is defective. You can of course say you use distilled water even if you don't but I suspect the inside of the machine would reveal any deposits left by tap water. I've never opened up a machine to see if that is truly the case. Perhaps someone who has can comment on that.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
water deposits would never get into the machine (insides), since the air flows through tank and directly out through the hose. deposits would only form on parts in the tank or in the hose or mask. the most likely location of the deposits are at the point of evaporation (along the tank sides or on the heated pad surface inside the tank).
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2017, 06:51 PM)kwhenrykerr Wrote: I do not use any water. It works for me.

With humidifier control set on zero or on off hopefully
Post Reply Post Reply
I dig out my humidifier in December and put it away in March. I use tap water with a high mineral content, dump and rinse daily no problems.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
What do you use in your auto coffee maker? Tap water is much more susceptible to causing problems due to build up of mineral deposits and resulting in having to descale your boilers, etc. Do you wash your humidifier with distilled water? If you do not and use tap water, and let it air dry then you are defeating any reason to use distilled water, you will get the same deposits left behind!! Same thing when you wash your hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use distilled water, dump the little bit left in the morning and let air dry.
Wash every couple weeks, rinse with vinegar and water.  Final rinse with distilled water.

I do the same with hoses.  Never had any problems.

There are many threads on this subject.  See bottom of page, Possibly Related Threads....
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 34 Yesterday, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,737 Yesterday, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,316 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 151 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Cannot get water chamber flush with machine, making awful sound like a vacuum kc90 2 197 02-07-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: kc90
  [Equipment] water chamber strong plastic odor twdc33 2 342 01-24-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: twdc33
  Extra Humidifier Water in Arid Climates DFWdude 19 2,131 12-13-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: car54

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.