Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Way to adjust the day separation time on AirSense 10?
Way to adjust the day separation time on AirSense 10?
The way the AirSense 10 stores data, noon is used as the day separation.  For most people, this works.  Go to sleep any time from the evening to the wee hours of the morning, wake up before noon, and your sleep data for that period is a consecutive period for the same day. 

For people on a night schedule, this doesn't work.  If you go to sleep mid-morning and wake up after noon, the sleep period is split and associated with two different days.  The data for the end of one sleep cycle is grouped with the data for the beginning of the next day's cycle, and events and performance measures may appear under the wrong day.

Is there a way to set the day separation time so that each day's data represents the sleep cycle for that day?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Way to adjust the day separation time on AirSense 10?
Not directly as in you'll just dial in the adjustment to a different timing of noon to noon. You'll probably accomplish this by editing the clock setting on the PAP, possibly to be 12 hours opposite actual time. This 12 hour manual offset should do what you're after.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.  I thought about changing the clock time but wasn't sure if that would be permanent.  I assumed it gets the time from a cellular signal when it tries to phone home (I gave up on trying to keep it in airplane mode, it eventually turned that off on its own).
Post Reply Post Reply
Any change you make is permanent. While it would make sense for a CPAP to reset its clock when it "phones home" to upload data, none that I know of do that.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
GuyScharf, thanks.  That's good to know.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd agree, the clock doesn't get time correction signals.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sometimes I sleep over noon. I have a dream that cpap machine and Oscar could be able to think that continuing sleeping as one block.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, tried resetting the clock time.  No dice.  It let me correct the minutes, which had drifted off over time.  But changing the hour by 12 hours produced an error message that it can't be set back in time.  I tried bumping the day to the next day.  Still no luck.  Now the clock is a day in the future and it won't let me set that back to today's date, either (same error message).
Post Reply Post Reply
Wonder if a new sd card (ie, a "blank slate") would allow you to fiddle the time ?
Post Reply Post Reply
I screwed up my clock in this way, and here's my description of how I got back: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ight=clock

I ended up 24 hours in the future, and it took me two days to get back to the right time. I think you want to keep yourself 12 hours into the future so you would need to stop halfway through the process. (You want to be 12 hours into the future because the dates are already flakey with the canonical date for your session being the day before most/all of your sleep actually occurs. It will be less confusing to be 12 hours into the future -- and besides once you get to the future it's hard to get back :-) )

I have this other thread that describes my process to keep the clocks on my cpap and pulse-oximeter in sync. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ight=clock You can follow the same process, just keeping your clock the way you want it.

(Like the song says, It's Five O'Clock Somewhere. Just think of yourself living in another time zone, LOL. After all, CPAPs were invented in Australia, which is about 12 hours different from the US, so you're just honoring the machine's origins, right?)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 201 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,416 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 614 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,173 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 171 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.